28 Croissant

───── ❝ AMANDA'S POV ❞ ─────

As I opened my eyes I knew I was alone since no one was hugging me, unlike the past days that I would feel his body against mine everytime I wake up. I knew it, this is a one time thing and now that he had a taste of me it's gonna be all over. I know at the back of my head that this will happen. I've read a lot about him and heard rumours that he's not the type who sticks to one woman. Well, technically there was never a relationship to begin with but his reputation of one night stands is something he never really hid from me or to the world. In fact, he told me straight off. But he did say he wanted to give this a try since I'm he's actual first official girlfriend. But then no one knows about us except his close friends and mine. I'm sure his mother doesn't or if she does I'm sure she thinks of me like just any other woman her son slept with. My heart ached. I stood up and went straight to the shower and cried myself for a good 30 mins. I have to stay strong. I'm a grown woman and I made this decision to go through this even after knowing who he was. I know I might get my heart broken, I'm used to getting hurt anyway. I just hope rumours won't be that too harsh this time. But then again I'm used to that too.

It was Friday and a holiday so I decided I will take stroll around and probably buy some stocks to replenish my small pantry. My boss gave me a holiday and weekend off this week since I worked my ass off last month with only taking one day off a week.

I went out the bedroom and walked towards the kitchen and it was quiet. The past months I would always smell freshly brewed coffee and see him working something on his laptop. But today is different. I guess I'll just have to get used to being alone again with my son just like before. I fixed my son his formula milk because I know anytime he'll wake up and ask for it. As I walk towards his bedroom, I saw a small light from his bedroom door.

Wait, didn't I make sure I turned his night lamp off? I opened the door and what I saw shocked me.