17

Jun Serine is arguing with Choi San as she tries to hug him; but he shakes her off.

"Please San-ah, just listen to me this time", she said.
"I'm sorry Serine-ah, but I'm looking for somebody a bit more brave. Somebody who faces her fears head on, instead of running away", he said yanked her hand away from his arm.

"I am such a person!", she snapped back at him as the boy frowns.
"Tell me a reason that you don't want to saved the kids", he wanted an explanation but all she did was stood in silence. "I'm disappointed in you. I just thought that you're different; that you'll keep saving people. But I was wrong", he said and leaves after that.

She sits down, looking defeated.

Moments later, Ian barges in looking flustered.
"Goodness, Serine! Is everything okay?", he asked.
"I'm afraid not", she said sighed.
"What is it? Don't keep me in suspense. Is everything okay?", he asked being worried.
"It's ... a zombie ... I saw an those dead walker attack a bunch of children", she said.
"Defenseless children?", she nodded.

"What the heck, Serine! We've got to do something", he said panicked.
"I agree, but I wouldn't know where to start", she lied. She had to saved between him or the kids and she choose to saved him instead.

"Serine. Where did you last saw the kids?", he asked being so impatient. Soon as then, she walked out and look at HongJoong.

"Hide here. Never think of going out of this place. Make sure no one ever getting out of here, Joong", she springs up and begins to run.
Serine rushes along the street, followed by Ian and Cara. They take a short cut through some back gardens, jumping fences along the way.

Shortly after they arrived at the mall, her eyes widen at some zombies who didn't bite the kids but just terrorises two children.
Serine, closely followed by the two, rushes towards them, but suddenly stops in her tracks.

"What is is? What's the matter?", she ran away from them and hide instead.

"That one are not just any zombie", she said eyes on them.
"What do you mean by that?", Cara asked.

The purple vein could be seen at every inched on his body. He cod control the other dead walker and didn't even the kids as if the kid were just as a bait.
His eyes just like her. The appearance too but he drank a blood in a glass. Acted like human. Not like a thirsting blood zombies.

"I haven't seen one like him", Ian speak up.
"Like one what?", Cara asked again.
"Half human-half zombies", Serine said.

"I'm going to need rifles, lots of rifles", she said but then she walked out and the man turns; sees them. He grins an evil grin.

"I know you", he said with the zombies wanted to attacked them but he can controlled them "We meet again", he said.

"You've met?", Ian asked her she realised the face.

"Yes. It was a long, long time ago", she said looking at the man. "How come you're still alive, Dane?", she asked as the male just smirked and showed the bitten mark on his neck.

BACK IN TIME

A young Serine is sitting in a park listening to some korean music, who had attracted her soul since she cane to Seoul when suddenly a dark shadow casts over her.

She looks up and sees DANE. She takes off her headphones.

"Would you like some chocolate?", he asked in korean and she understand him.
"I can't speak Korean", he said looked at the chocolate as her eyes light up. Snoball was always her favourite but then she studies DANE more closely, and looks uneasy.

"I don't know, you look kind of need some help from me", she said and he sighed.
"Me? No. I'm not-", he was stuttering but then he smiles. "It's me who wanted to help you", he said. "You need money, right?", he asked.
"Do I know you that you willing to help me?", she asked back.
"Nope. I just happened to see you fight with a drunk man and you're coincidentally killed him in your fight", he explained. "And you're getting away from police because there is no surveillance cameras around the neighborhood", she was amazed at how he knew about her.
"And your point is?", she asked.
"Be my part time worker", he offer a job to her. "I need your strength for this job. I'll made sure to pay you handsomely", his offer is nothing that a luck for her so she could go back before his father realised she's missing.

INT. A LIBRARY - PRESENT DAY

"You were a coward then, and you are a coward now. You can't just back out when you joined my clique", he said amused by her.
"You, what?", Ian looked at her with surprised look.
"You left us after called the cop. It's you who killed the old man but you made the scene like I'm the one who did it", he seems mad.
"You know from the start who the man was", he said to her as Serine made a sign behind her back telling them to get ready.

"I mean, I did knew him, but I didn't know he was looking you for rapping and killing her daughter back then", she said hands reaching the guns from her back waist.
"You think you can keep your hands clean when you once killed someone?", his eyes was different.
"I might be a killer but I'm not a monster like you, Dane", she said raised her gun and shoot straight to his head.
As soon as she fired, the other two started to shoot at the other zombies, she ran to the kids and protected them from getting bitten.

While she is looking at the two fighting with the dead walker, she lunges forward and grabs her deadly rifles as the zombies wields them, triumphantly.

"Just go back to hell, you zombie", she said eyes furious with the dead walker in front of her.
"I cannot tolerate that kind of behaviour! Those children were defenceless", the zombie tries to grab the rifles but she dodges out of the way and started to shoot every of zombies head in those room.
Anger controlled her as she kept punched the zombies even they're already dead and Ian stopped her.
"It's over, Serine", he hold her shoulder as she realised what she's doing.
She crouches over Dane's body.
"Was it true that you're were one of them?", Cara asked her as she tried to calm the children's down.
"Indeed it was", she said back.
"Then you should be relief that a man like him died", she speak through her heart.
"No. He was one of my family. Once. Because of him too, I'd managed to stay alive", she said sighed.

After a while, the shooting scene ended as the dead zombies was all on the floor with their heads filled with bullets.
She checked the kids as she sighed in relief.
"They're all clean", she said as they took them piggyback them to their safe place.

...

"Looking for something?", YunHo said seeing the three coming back with blood covered their bodies and the kids at their back; sleeping soundly.

"So you did save the kids, after all", HongJoong steps forward. "I heard from Cara. Is it true? Did you was once a killer?", he asked out of curiousness.

"How long have you been like that?", he asked.
"Long enough", she said to him not wanting to said more but he puts his arm around her. "It must've been hard on you copping with that alone", his word soothing her heart somehow.

"Is the children are safe?", San came and checked the kids without looking his way.
He saw crowd of vulnerable children sleep, looking relieved.

It was the first time she feel so much pain in her heart.
"Arghh", holding her heart, she screamed in pain as YuChan and YunHo rushed at her.

Her eyes turning grey and she could saw a lot of vein popped out from her brother's neck.

She feel the urged to bite. Her breath became shorter and she panicked.

"Serine. What's wrong?", YunHo started to cry seeing her sister like that.

YuChan in the other hand realised her changed and he stood froze for a while. "Yuchan hyung, do something", YunHo shouted at him.

"Knock her out", he said as JongHo came forward and punched her in the face so hard as she black out.