30

"Run, now", she said as they fastened their pace. The night was approaching as they're still stuck in the building full with walking dead.

"We're not gonna make out alive", JungKook said as soon as they entered the empty room and locked them.
"We will", San said being positive.
"What's wrong, chagiya?", he gone to her as she hissed in pain when he held her arm. 
"You're hurting me, San", she backed off and just then realised something.
"Mianhe", he said being surprised but then he too realised Serine's sudden change.

A piece of a broken glass had been stuck on her arm as she looked in pain.

"You could feel pain", San said leaving JungKook in confusion as well as Serine. But what made her confused was; How?.

"Anyway, let's treat this first", he said dragging her to the nearest table as he rumbling through the bag pack searching for the first aid kit.
As he's wearing the glove, she stopped him. "Are you doing it right, chagiya?", she asked feeling a little doubt of him.
"I've seen YuChan treat your back when the bullet stuck in yours back then", he said.

But little did he know that she had gain her pain as he didn't use any anesthesia on her.

He took out a tweezers and cleaned them with rubbing alcohol as he wanted to removed the glass.

"San-ah, use the needle" she almost shouted but in low voice making the male just nodded.  "Sterilize them with alcohol first", she explained as he just followed her instruction.
"Why does we have to use this?", he asked and she just chuckled. The needle used to gently break the skin over the object, so it'll be less pain in that way", she explained. He did just like Serine said and lift up the tip of the object. He then use a tweezers to grab the end of the object and remove it.

He didn't even see how Serine clenched her left fist tightly holding up her pain.

San washed the area again and pat dry as he applied an antibiotic ointment before covered them with patch softly.

...

The growl sound awakened San from his sleep as he looked beside him; Serine and the little girl laying down on the box, sleeping peacefully while JungKook is still guarding the door.

The night air was crisp, he shivered and sunk into his scarf. His frozen fingers fumbled with the sword in his hand walking his direction toward JungKook. It was his turn to guarded the door and let him rest.

“San-ah.” she called out to him as San realised Serine's awake.

"They wake you up?", she nodded and  accompanied him instead when he would argued to asked her rest since she's got injured but as usual, he won't win against his beloved wife.

The couple looked at the little girl who was lying on the floor with JungKook wrapped his arms. He had fallen asleep since he haven't gotten any sleep. Serine instantly relaxed, her shoulders dropped, and a sigh of relief escaped her mouth.

"Wae?", he asked her.

She turned around and saw him leaning against the wall and pulled her in for a kiss. She smiled against his plush lips. He pulled away and rested his forehead on her.
“I’m just glad you’re here with me”, she said.

He were confused as to what she meant by that statement, but he didn’t question it as he pressed a kiss on her cheek.

"It is weird if I asked for a children?", she asked as San almost bursted out laughing but holding up realised that they're in the middle of out break.
"Every married couple want one, chagiya", he said to her but a guilt could be seen in her eyes.
"What if I can't get pregnant?", he knew what's her intention was.

She scared of higher expectations of him having a baby. When she dedicated her life fighting men like she was a men, didn't care of her health after all. The higher possible for her can't get pregnant.
"I don't think so", he said making her feel sad somehow. "There is no prove when all you know is to assume", he explained. "And I know that I will fill this cute belly of yours with my child", his word made her blushed as he kissed her lips.

"But, seriously, if I can't really get pregnant, you will be disappointed in me. As well as our parent", she still thinks of her can't get pregnant due to her past.
"I would love having her in our home. Our life", she pointed at the girl who's still sleeping next to JungKook. "She doesn't have anyone", he nodded.
"We'll raise her together", he said.

It's been almost three hour since San's guarded as she asked him to sleep and she's volunteering herself guarding the door.
He walked to the little girl and laid down beside her.  He brought his scarf up over her and tucked her in.

“Sweet dreams, my lil' girl", he said, before giving her a final goodnight kiss. He looked at Serine with smiled. Neither did he knew that was the last time he could see Serine smile.

...

That morning, their hideout had been raided by 'them' as San grabbed their bag and the little girl in his arm ready to escaped.

JungKook was behind him while Serine guarded from the front.

"Kookie is missing", San shouted as they ran trying to looked for an empty place to hide.
"We have to go back", she said to him. But they knew that the door entrance had been filled with the walking dead.

She had no choice but looked at San with pity look. He knew what he was think of.

"No. We'll going back. TOGETHER", he said sternly as suddenly her hand being bitten by one of them as she scream in pain which made him ran toward her.
"I know you won't change because you're immune. So please go with us", he cried as she looked at her husband and the girl.

"Can't you see already, Sannie?. I'm not the old Serine. That I'm starting to be human again", she was sobbing. "But now–", she looked at her bitten arm.

"GO NOW", she shouted at him but he didn't budged at all.

"Choi San", she shook him strongly as he's out of his dazed. He looked scared and tremble. "You need to survive no matter what".