1 - December 25th, 1938

"Laurie, Bucky, hurry up!" Steve shouts through the apartment.

"What," James rolls his eyes, "what are we doing?"

"Don't let this be something dumb." I laugh as Steve walks to the lounge.

"What's taking you two so long anyway?" Steve huffs, standing in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"His fault." James points at me.

"James Buchanan Barnes!" I shout, "you're the one who managed to knock the tree down!"

"Yeah, yeah," he laughs, "you're the one who offered to help."

"This isn't my house, that's why!"

"So, if it was your house, you would leave it?"

"That's not what I meant."

"You live here anyway!"

"I know!"

"Guys!" Steve shouts to interrupt us, "let's go!"

"Ok, ok , jeez." James says, holding his hands up like he's surrendering.

"Waiting on you, tough guy." I say, patting Steve on the shoulder and walking past him.

"I hate you both." Steve sighs.

"James, let's go!" I shout at him.

"Why are we doing this?" James asks as we all walk out the door.

"Unlike you, Steve and I are actually nice." I smirk.

"You're a pain in the ass, you know that?" He laughs, lightly shoving me.

"I know."

"I still hate you both." Steve chuckles and rolls his eyes.

The three of us stroll down the road, snow crunching under each footstep. Brooklyn was always covered in snow during December, and James and I always acted like children when it did. So to continue the tradition, I pick up a bunch of snow and walk over to James.

"Lawrence Marty Emerson!" James shouts as I shovel it down his coat.

"Oh, crap!" I yell, running down the road and being chased by James.

We arrive at the Town Hall after Steve stops us from covering each other in snow. Every Christmas, our town donates food and warm clothes to those who can't afford either. This year, Bucky, Steve and I carried a few things that me and Steve had baked, down to the Town Hall.

"Good morning, boys," the man at the front table says, "donations are at the front."

"Thank you, Sir." I say, following Steve and Bucky through the hall.

"Oh, let me help you with that." James says, walking over to help an older man with his things.

"Look at him," I say, "actually doing something good for once."

"Hey, he does more than that." Steve replies.

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Yeah, good question."

~~~~~~

An hour or so later, the three of us head out the hall and back to our apartment. Steve and I began making a Christmas dinner for us, while James... was doing something (I have no idea what).

"Feels good to be donating, right?" I ask Steve.

"Yeah," he smiles, "kind of hope Bucky would care more."

"He'll get there. We've always said he works slower than us." I laugh.

"That is true."

"Hey, guys." James says, shutting the door with his foot while slightly out of breath.