26 - Yet More Trouble

We take our positions as Steve runs out into the main landing space of the airport, but he's stopped by Tony and Rhodey. Sam and Bucky are inside the terminal, Clint and Wanda are by the bottom of the parking lot, Scott – the new guy – is with Steve while Pietro and I are waiting by the side of the building. Tony shouts 'Underoos,' and a guy in a red and blue suit flips in and takes Steve's shield off of him.

"What?" I question to Pietro. Clint free's Steve's tied together hands quickly after, causing Tony's group to start a fight. 

I sprint out into the field as Steve is stopping T'Challa from getting to Sam and Bucky, but the red suited guy flies through the air to them. I end up fighting with Nat, knocking her to the ground and placing my foot on her chest to keep her down.

"Laurie, you know you're in the wrong." She winces, trying to hold my boot off of her.

"So are you." I reply before Nat pushes my boot off of her and jumps up in front of me.

"Listen to me, Natalia," I say, "Steve needs to get to the Hydra base in Siberia because they have more super soldiers there. You know what Hydra is capable of."

"They went down in 2013."

"Even so, you need to let them go." 

Nat rolls her eyes and runs off to Clint as I make my way back to Steve.

"What are we going to do?" I question.

"I have no idea," he laughs, "but go and free the idiots in the terminal." He points to it as the kid in the red and blue suit flies out one of the top windows.

"Who is that?" I ask through comms as I run towards the terminal.

"Calls himself 'Spider-Man'," Sam replies, "can you help us?"

"That's a first," I laugh, "and yes, I'm on my way."

"Guys, look out!" I shout to Clint and Wanda as Tony flies overhead, firing at the two of them.

"You two ok?" I ask them while panicking.

"Yeah. We're great." Clint replies sarcastically.

"Ok, drop the attitude bird brain, let's go." I roll my eyes as I run off from them and into the terminal.

The upstairs has smashed glass all over the floor and a couple of signs that have been pulled off their posts. I stand in the gap the railing, looking down at Sam and Bucky who are laying in webs on the floor below.

"Oh, you two are idiots." I laugh.

"Can you st- can you help?" Sam shouts.

"Ok, I'm coming." I chuckle and go down the stairs to them.

"What even happened?" I question as I get Bucky out of the webs then stand watching Sam struggle out of his.

"You want help?" Bucky asks him, trying not to laugh.

"I hate you both." Sam sighs as Bucky runs off.

"I'm tempted to leave you like that and just carry you out," I say, "but then you'll be useless so I'll just help you."

"Thank you." Sam says after shaking the last bits of web off of him.

"We're about to get out asses kicked." Sam sighs heavily as we head back out to the fight.

"No. You're about to get your ass kicked, I can hold my own," I grin, "bye."

I run away from Sam as he shouts at me, before I see a truck flying through the air and exploding on the ground.

"What the hell was that?!" I complain as I approach Steve and Scott.

"I really thought that was a water truck," Scott gulps, "oops?"

"Jesus Christ," I sigh, "let's just- let's get going, we haven't got long."

Steve, Scott, Wanda, Clint, Pietro, Sam, Bucky and I group up and sprint towards the hangar before Vision comes from out of nowhere and stops us.

"Captain Rogers," Vision bellows from the sky, "I know you believe what you're doing is right, but for the collective good, you must surrender now."

"Yeah, because that's gonna happen." I whisper to Bucky and we both chuckle.

"What do we do?" Pietro asks.

"We fight." Steve replies sternly and the team start running towards the others.

I jump straight into a fight with the kid, dodging his webs. 

"Who even are you?" I question.

"Parker. Peter Parker." He answers.

"James Bond reference?" I chuckle.

"You got it," he replies, "and you are?"

"Laurie Emerson."

"Dude, no way!" he says as I stand there in confusion, "don't worry." He smirks and shoots a web at me which ties me to the crate behind, before he runs off.

"Oh, come on!" I shout.

"How does it feel?" Sam laughs as he frees me then flies off.

"Laurie, get to the hangar!" Steve says through comms as I check who's around me before sprinting towards where I need to be. Instead of taking the front entrance like most people would, I find a side entrance so I can go in without being seen.

Five minutes or so later, Steve and Bucky climb into the back of the jet.

"Took you two long enough." I laugh.

"How did you get here without being seen?" Steve questions.

"I work smart, not hard."

"We should get going." Bucky states as Steve gets into the cockpit, as the other two of us sit behind him. I notice Bucky's a little shaken from the fighting.

"Hey, you ok, Buck?" I ask softly, turning my head to him. He nods slowly and silently, a slightly lost look in his eyes. I smile a little and turn my head out the other window, seeing Rhodes and Tony flying up towards us.

"Cap, we've got incoming." I tell him. Before Steve does anything about it, Sam speeds towards Rhodes who is shot down by Vision seconds later. I see nothing else of the incident, other than the small cloud of dust that forms around Rhodey as he lands. I wince slightly, imagining what could have happened to him.

"Was all this really necessary?" I ask Steve.

"We need to stop Hydra, so, yes." He replies.

"No, I get that," I say, "but this whole fight between the team? Did you not think of the consequences?"

"No." He whispers and shakes his head.

"Well, what else is new." I sigh.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asks Steve and I.

"Whatever it is, we'll deal with it." Steve replies.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this." Bucky sighs heavily.

"Buck, what happened all those years, it wasn't you." I reassure him.

"But I did it."

"So did I, but..." I pause, "what happened, happened, I guess."