Chapter 6

Lena and Kara worked diligently on the trans-matter portal, and they were quite a formidable team. It felt great to be doing this, working together again as a team, as friends. Kara stopped as she heard Alex's voice in the earpiece, calling for her help. Kara looked out of the window and across the city to where the quantum tower stood, seeing hundreds of Shadow Demons swarming the only thing keeping the anti-matter wave at bay.

She turned back to Lena, her yes conveying everything that needed to be said. "Go." Lena urged her.
Lena's eyes dropped, a shallow breath escaping her lips as Kara flew off to help the league of other heroes fighting to save this world, and to protect the quantum tower that was keeping the red skies at bay. The world, the universe, the entire multiverse is on the verge of destruction, and she was still holding onto this grudge. She just wanted to trust her, and she did, enough to ensure the survival of billions on her shoulders. Kara deserved better than her as a friend.

She was pulled away from her thoughts as a bright emerald green light invaded her peripheral vision. She felt the building shake as it crashed into the floor below her, and she stumbled to regain her equilibrium. She moved to analyze it out of curiosity. As she moved into the hallway, she was plunged into darkness, the only light revealing her path was that same emerald sheen. It seemed to grow brighter and brighter as she moved forwards until she came to a stop in front of an alien ship.

She ushered forward and pried open the cockpit the rest of the way, freeing the creature that was gasping for air. "You." She stopped as the creature muttered it out weakly. "The ring chose you." Lena furrowed her eyebrows as the extraterrestrial shakily removed the ring and handed it over her to her. "Use it to save the multiverse, help the others."

Lena wryly took the ring. "How can this help?"

"It will grant you incredible and incomprehensible powers and abilities by harnessing willpower." He explained, his breathing becoming heavier. "Your mind is the key, with this ring you can do anything." The alien reached further into the ship and took out an object that looked like a lantern that would be used to light dark areas. "This can charge the ring, you are the Green Lantern now."

"I'm not a hero." Lena said, attempting to give the ring back.

"The ring chose you, it saw the potential for greatness in you. Put it on, and help the others save the multiverse." He offered her a small smile before his breathing fully came to a stop. She looked down and with a deep breath, staring at the ring. She looked back behind her out of the shattered windows, watching the fighting in the distance before eyes returned to the ring. She slipped the green power ring onto her finger.

Across the city, the league of heroes continued to fight against the army of shadow demons attacking the quantum tower, and as they begun to become overwhelmed, a line of heat vison cut down the shadow army. Barry turned, gazing at Kara with a massive grin. She landed, turning to look at the heroes. The heroes lined up, readying for another wave of shadow demons, but they didn't. "Is that it?" Barry questioned.

"That was easy." Kara said.

"For you." Oliver muttered.

"They're on the roof." Ray said, just then a massive spark of electricity appeared, and the quantum tower began to malfunction.

"What's happening out there? The skies are red again, the anti-matter wave's moving, and the portal isn't open yet!" Alex questioned, worry etched in her voice.

"There's more shadow demons incoming."  Mia observed.

"Kara, Clark, get to the roof. Get the tower operational again. We'll stay behind and hold them off." Oliver said. The Kryptonians nodded, before taking to the skies to see what they could do to fix the tower.