Chapter 13

Mia was standing off to the side, in disbelief at who she was looking at, yet still wary. She had just found out about the existence of a multiverse, and this could be an alternate version of her father. Either way, seeing his face made her break down, the tears streaming down her face. "Dad, is it... is it really you?" Mia questioned a little apprehensive.

"Yes and no." He answers vaguely, his emerald cloak obscuring his eyes from the group. "I am Oliver Queen, but I've also become something more. Some might call me a ghost, a Spectre that's in tune with the entire multiverse."

Barry steps forward, furrowing his eyebrows as the entity tilts his head up, giving the heroes a better view of Oliver Queen's features. "How did this happen?" Kara asks.

"Right now, that's not important-"

"Wait, so there's still a multiverse out there??" Ryan Choi piped in suddenly, as he thought over what The Spectre had said.

"No. It's gone, soon to be replaced with its antithesis. An anti-matter universe. Which we need to prevent from happening." Oliver spoke, and the others began to pay more attention, realizing there might actually be a chance to stop this all. "Right now, the Anti-Monitor is at the Dawn of Time, fighting to make permanent his destruction of worlds."

"Then we go there, and we end him." Kate says defiantly. "We get everyone we lost back."

"The Anti-Monitor is extremely powerful, and you are not yet ready to face him." Oliver announced, his voice booming through the area outside of space and time. "The only way to move forward is to revisit the things in your past that were holding you back. You must deal with them head on, no matter how terrifying they may be. Because once you do, you will see that you can go further than you ever imagined." He spoke, reciting Barry's past words.

"Enough of the cosmic spiel!" Kate exclaimed in frustration, moving forward until she was face to face with the Spectre. "What does any of this have to do with stopping the Anti-Monitor? We are wasting time."

He was quiet for a moment, and then he smirked. "Kate, we are outside of space and time." He reminded the vigilante before continuing. "We can get to the Anti-matter universe via the speedforce, but first, you must go through a test. Each of you have suffered a great tragedy, or several. You're broken, bound by the chains of life, but I'm giving you the means to break free. Are you with me?"

"Are you our Oliver?" Barry inquired, and the Spectre nodded with a warm smile. "Then were with you. Always." The cosmic being raised his hands and a green glow surrounded everybody.

"Good luck."

Barry opened his eyes, laying his eyes upon Iris West, who stood before him in her wedding gown. He looked around him at the church, at all the people who were staring at him and iris with smiles, to the priest speaking. His breathing picked up, sweat forming along his brow, palms becoming clammy, he looked into the crowd and locked eyes with Kara, the only one not wearing a smile.

Kara hated being here again after all these years, watching Barry marry Iris, it was just a painful as it was the first time, even after all she and Barry had been through together. Then, she locked eyes with Barry, and realized they were both going through the same test. this moment, they both lacked courage, this was this test to break their chains. "I object!" Kara announced and everyone's focus immediately shifted to the Kryptonian.

Barry lips shifted into a smile and he walked down the steps towards Kara who now stood in between the pews. Iris mouth was agape, a scoff escaping her lips as Barry walked away, but the scarlets speedsters focus was completely on Kara Danvers. They were both smiling at each other, it was something incredible that this was their test. "I wanted to tell you all those years ago Barry, but I was scared, I didn't want to ruin your day, your relationship with Iris." Kara told him.