Chapter 14

"Where are we?" Kara questioned as they came to a halt, taking in her surroundings. She looked around through the foggy and almost unbreathable atmosphere.

"The dawn of time." They all turn to see Oliver levitating above them before floating down to the ground. "We're here to rebirth the universe, and the dawn of time is the only place it can happen
Each of you passed your test, you're strong enough to hold the line." Oliver looked at each of them, making sure they were all on the same page, eyes landing on Barry and Kara. "I'll light the spark, you fan the flame."

And how do we do that?" Lex questioned.

"You'll know when it's time." Oliver spoke vaguely.

"Why do you cosmic types always have to be so obtuse?" Lex spat, irritated.

"If I knew, I'd tell you. I don't. All I have is trust." Oliver said. "Do you trust me?"

"With every cell in my body." Barry said, and Oliver smiled before looking over to Kara, who gave him a curt nod before she turned, hair blowing in the wake of the furious wind.

"Let's do this!" Kara says, and they all charge towards the horde of shadow demons, Barry and the dozens of other following suite. They fought with all they had, making sure if they died, they died fighting. Lena created a dome around everyone, blocking the shadow demons attacks before turning the Shield into a blast wave, eradicating dozens of them at once. She, Kara, Kal, and a few others took to the skies as the rest continued fighting below. Thawne dug his heels into the ground before charging forward, phasing through twenty of them in a row, disintegrating them.

Kara dropped to the ground, heat vision barreling down the hordes of enemies surrounding her. Her and Barry went back to back, throwing lighting, using ice breath, and taking down as many as they could, but they just kept coming.

Oliver watched from atop a mountain range, listening to the soil crunch beneath the weight of the Anti-Monitor. "After ten thousand years I shall be victorious, it's almost a pity watching your friends fight, only for them to die." The god like being boasts as he stands before the Spectre.

"Your nothing." The Spectre said, taking a deep breath. "This is it, this is where the story of the Anti-Monitor ends."

"Such confidence for a man who has no idea what he's up against. You fool, you were doomed the moment you heard my name. This is the day the multiverse dies, and my anti-matter universe is all there is." He chuckles. "Nothing has prepared you for this fight."

"Everything I have ever done, has led to this moment." Oliver said, lowering his hood.

"All life ends, only death is eternal." The Anti-Monitor said arrogantly, enjoying watching those on the ground below fight. "Only I am eternal."

Oliver looked at the figures fighting below him against the shadow demons, trying to figure all of this out when he realized there was only one way this could end. He looked at Mia, a smile gracing his lips as he replayed the moment he held her for the first time over again in his head. His jaw went tight and he turned, blasting the Anti-Monitor through the mountain with a beam of energy. Kara and Barry looked up, watching as The Anti-Monitor flew towards Oliver, slamming him into the ground and dragging him along before coming to a stop.

Oliver rose to his feet, blasting the Anti-Monitor, but he only took a step forward, retaliating with an energy beam of his own. The two continued to take step after step until they met in the middle at a standstill, each trying to gain advantage over the other. Oliver's breathing picked up, eyes glowing a furious green. "You have failed this universe!" He shouted, sending the Anti-Monitor across the landscape while at the same time shooting a beam into the sky which began to form into a beautiful swirling singularity.