Chapter 23

Red Daughter doubled over, knees buckling as an ear piercing ringing echoed in her head, sending her stumbling to the ground. Her senses were being overloaded, a million voices echoing in her ears, images of herself flashing in her mind, only they were memories she didn't recognize.

She was heaving for a breath she couldn't seem to catch as the images continued to barrage her. She slammed her eyes shut, covering her ears with her hands to try and shut out all the deafening sounds. Eventually, the sounds and visions died down, and she was left a heaving mess on the ground, mind searching for an answer on what the hell had just happened.

At first she assumed it was her powers overwhelming her, but she had tamed her powers long ago, and no overload had ever given her visions of herself or memories she didn't recognize. Then she thought back to her encounter with Supergirl. How she acted, how she spoke like she knew her personally. She needed answers, and she knew Red Death wasn't going to give them to her.

After a few more moments of reprieve, she pushed herself up off the ground and steadied herself before belting off into the sky as superspeed.

...

Kara was immediately on edge as she hears a whoosh of air, and knew it wasn't Barry from the lack of an orange glow, or the smell of ozone that fills the air. She turns, and locks eyes with Red Daughter, fists clenched tightly. She surged forward, slamming the woman into the wall, her heat vision glowing to life. "I don't want to fight." She spoke softly in her russian accent.

Kara narrowed her eyes, watching the woman cautiously for a moment before she slowly untightened her fists and her heavy breathing slowed. "Why are you here?"

The woman let out a deep breath, eyes scanning over the apartment before landing back on Kara. "I'm having visions. I'm seeing things I don't remember, hearing words I never heard... or at least I don't think I heard." She said, the panic evident in her tone. "Please, what you said before, it was like you knew me in another life."

"Because I did." Kara said, and the woman before her shifted her feet, her heartbeat quickening. "You were split from me because of black kryptonite, and were lied to by Lex Luthor who used you as a weapon, making you attack mikitsrt bases until he saved them from you, making himself look the hero. You..." Kara stopped, swallowing the lump in her throat. "You died saving me from Lex."

The revelation hit her like a ton of bricks, her breath quickening as she closed her eyes, trying to stop the barrage of flashes echoing in her mind once more. Kara's voice was almost inaudible as the pounding in her temple increased tenfold, and she stumbled against the wall and onto the ground. 
Kara moved forward, frantically trying to help but she didn't know how, causing a panic to rise in her as well.

Despite the excruciating pain, she forced herself to move, using the wall as a crutch as she stepped towards the window. She took deep, labored breaths as the pounding in her temple slowly faded away, not so quickly followed by the visions and the ringing in her ears. As it all became silent once more, she stood there panting, before she looked back at Kara for a moment, giving her a small thankful smile, and she leapt from the windowsill.

...

The warehouse was filled the continuous sound of metal clanking and tinkering. The aberration had been working on his project dilligently for days, making sure every peice was playing its part to perfection. Red Daughter took a step, her boot splashing in the small pool of warer under her, and alerting the aberration of her presence. "You're back." He spoke lowly, setting his tool down and turning to look at her. "Where did you go?"

She eyed him cautiously. "You need to trust me."

He eyed her for a moment. "Believe me, I'm trying....But you still have doubt in you.." he brought his hand up to carress her cheek but she took a step back.

"I'm not your pet."

"I don't treat you as one...I'm giving you the opportunity to be a hero..." His voice rose, anger evident. "This world needs us!"
She slowly starts to exit the room, but  he runs to block the entrance with his speed. "You know I don't look upon you as a pet, right?" Barry said.

"Then what am I to you..?" She inquired.

The aberration lips curved into a smirk. "You're my queen."

She feels like she's going to throw up, and she takes a few steps away from him, back to standing in the middle of the warehouse. Her eyes dart up to look at the small device on the makeshift table, the same device he's been working on nonstop, that he's killed for. "What is it?" She inquires, and he catches what she means.

"A means to an end." He spoke vaguely, and he can see the irritation in her face. "How can I trust you, when you won't trust me?"

"You brought me here and told me I was meant to save the world, but that was a lie wasn't it?" He doesn't speak, and she nods, having the answer she already knew. "You used me to kill, to get what you wanted! I believed I was a hero, when all I was doing was slaughtering for a maniac."

As soon as he motions to speak, she's going for the device, and he surges forward, hand phasing though her chest. She peers down, mouth agape, before looking back up at his eyes through the ragged material covering his face. "I'm sorry..." He set her body down gently, but his attention is stolen as a rush of wind fills his ears, and he turns to look at Kara. He stares at her as he takes a step back, and then another, but she is moving towards Red Daughter.

She tries to keep her awake, to make sure that the blinking stays steady, but she's too late. Her eyelids still, her heavy breathing coming to a stop, and Kara looks up, heat vision burning in her eyes. But he's gone, and whatever was on the table with him.