Chapter 19

Barry eyes fluttered open as the stream of sunlight filtered into his bedroom from between the blinds, hitting him in the face, but that wasn't why he had awoken. No, it was due to the sound of a running shower and the amazing singing coming from the bathroom. He stretched, letting out a yawn before he laid still for a moment, simply taking in Kara's beautiful voice as she sang, quickly realizing this was the song she sang when they had been trapped in that weird musical dimension.

He rose to a sitting position, swinging his feet off the bed and rising to his feet with a smile. "Moon river..." He mouthed along as he walked past the bathroom and into the kitchen where he began to gather things to make for breakfast. As he cooked, the smile never left his face sans when he had been burned by the oil, but he simply muttered a curse before continuing.

"Barry..." He whipped his head around, heart beating exponentially faster as he looked around for whoever had said his name. He listened intently, then picked up on the fact the shower was still running, and he got goosebumps. "Barry...." The formless voice echoed out again, and Barry swore it sounded just like his mother.

As Kara shut the shower door and began to dry off, her movements slowed as a miraculous smell drifted into her nostrils. She quickly dried off the rest of the way, throwing on her clothes before practically running to the kitchen, all while brushing her hair. She slowed as she entered the kitchen, eyes widening as a smile stretched across her face. Barry turned to look at her with a smile as he finished setting their plates, his tenseness soon easing and his mind drifting from that strange voice. "Good morning."

"This looks," Kara started before drawing in a massive whiff of air through her nostrils and releasing a breathy sigh. "and smells: Amazing!" She quickly took a seat next to Barry, snagging the fork he held towards her and begun to dig in. She chewed the food, letting out a content sigh at her life beyond this amazing breakfast. Things in National City weren't too crazy, her job was going great, and her relationship with Barry was just amazing. She was happy. More than happy. She swallowed the food and set down her fork, looking up at Barry, a smile adorning her lips.

"What?" Barry asked softly as he finally caught her gaze. "Do I have something on my face?" He questioned, reaching up and searching for a stray piece of food, and Kara giggled, shaking her head.

"I love you, Barry." She said, and Barry's smile grew.

"I love you too, Kara."

The two ate happily in mostly comfortable silence, occasionally broken by silliness or them chatting about something innocuous. But alas, a perfect morning could never last in the life of a superhero, and Kara let out a heavy sigh as she heard her phone ringing from the bedroom. Kara sped to the room and answered the call, while Barry grabbed their plates and began to clean up. Kara eventually returned, and Barry shut off the faucet as Kara ran a tired hand over her face, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"I forget I have this stupid event thing I have to attend with Lex to keep up appearances," Kara pinched the bridge of her nose before her arms dropped and she wore a face of guilt. "I'm so sorry, this morning was perfect and I had to ruin in."

"Hey, hey, you didn't ruin anything." Barry assured her, stepping forward, wrapping his arms around her. She kept her head on his chest for a moment, letting out a content sigh before she craned her head to look up at him. They both leaned in, their lips melding together naturally, and they soon lost track of time and place as Kara was hoisted up and onto the counter, Barry sliding between her legs. "You keep this up Barry Allen and we're gonna need a new bed soon."

"Yeah, we should probably stop..." He let out, and Kara practically let out a whine as she and Barry pressed their foreheads together.

"I'll see you tonight?" She inquired.