Chapter 26

The news room was suddenly filled with sunlight as Supergirl busted straight through the wall, Barry's vision was red and blurred as he watched the vibrating hand move closer and closer to his chest. Those red eyes pierced his soul, judging every action he ever made. Time seemed to slow as Barry watched Kara slam Red Death through several walls before attending to him in a frantic manner.

Kara quickly flew him across Central City and into the cortex of Star labs, then she moved him into the medical bay carefully, and held onto his hand tightly as he faded in and out of consciousness. He laid on the table, smiling as we watched her. "Thank You." He breathed after a while.

"For what?" She inquired.

"For everything." He reached out and brushed his hand against her cheek. "For making me a better person. For helping me on missions. For just being you, Kara."

Kara lifted her hand and rested it on his, smiling. "What are we going to do Barr?" She asked. "Everyone knows who you are and that other you is still out there, hiding somewhere."

Barry shifted on the bed a little so he was now sitting straight up, groaning and holding his ribs in pain. "We can beat this together. Just like everything else. Together. As long as your with me."

"Always." Kara smiled. Barry shifted and made room on the bed, parting next to him to tell the Girl of Steel to lay with him. "Are you sure?"

He nodded and she carefully placed herself next to him. She breathed a sigh of content as she rested her head on his chest and heard his heartbeat, surprisingly slow and soothing. "We're gonna get through this." She heard Barry say, and that calmed her. Knowing that even though it would be difficult, she had him every step of the way and he had her. "I love you Kara Zor-El."

"And I," Kara began before kissing Barry softly. "Love you Barry Allen."

...

Cisco walked into Star Labs and was quite surprised to see Barry and Kara asleep together on the medical bed.

The speedster had his arms wrapped protectively around her, and she held his hands. Cisco grinned even wider, glad that his friend had finally found someone who made him happy. He decided that it would just be plain wrong to ruin this moment, so he left the couple in peace.

About half an hour later, the peaceful couple awoke with a start, hearing Kara's phone beeping loudly on the table.

"Ugh... It's too early," Barry complained, squinting and trying to hide himself from the harsh light of Star Labs. Kara groaned, trying to reach for her phone. She couldn't quite grab it, so she attempted to pull away from Barry, but he tightened his grip. "Babe, please just five more minutes." He practically whimpered, planting kisses all on the back of her neck. She turned herself so they were face-to-face, giving him an questioning look and grinning.

"Did you just call me 'babe?'" She asked playfully, interlocking her left hand with his right hand.

"Um... I guess?" He responded, still in his early-morning stupor. "Sorry, it just kind of felt natural."

"It's fine, babe." Kara responded cheekily, giving him a peck on the lips. He smiled as she turned and moved into a sitting position on the bed, using him as a cushion. She managed to grab her phone, checking to see what the notification was.

Turn on the news! -Cisco

Kara looked at her phone confusedly as Barry sat up next to her and put his arm around her. "What's up?" He asked, running his hand through his hair in an attempt to fix his bed head. She handed him the phone and he had pretty much the same reaction. "Well we should probably see what he's freaking out about." Barry said, flashing them to Kara's apartment and turning the news on.

They flipped to local news to see a woman reporting in front of a Central City news room. Barry raised an eyebrow, scratching his head in confusion. What's so important about a news room?

"Right before they were about to sign off, a unknown man raced in here and slammed our cities own Scarlet Speedster on the table -" Both of their eyes widened, realization hitting them hard. "-finally, the mysterious man revealed himself as Red Death and revealed to us the Flash's true identity. CSI Barry Allen of the Central City Police Department. How-"

Kara turned the television off and set it down as she turned to Barry. "Barry?" She said, finally pulling him out of his thoughts.

"What the hell are we going to do?" He finally looked up.

...

"You're weak! The shattered remnants of Barry Allen keep you from reaching your true potential!" He hears the voices again, and the aberration drops to his knees, throwing his hands over his head.

"No, he is dead!"

"Really? Then why didnt you kill Joe west? You were fine with killing every other officer in that lab except the man that raised you as his own son. Your still attached to them, your past still tugs at your heart, constantly making you doubt yourself. If you truly hate them, hate your past life, then kill them with no mercy to spare!"

He sat up, holding the cowl in his hands tightly as he looks across the dirty warehouse. What had everything come to? Forced to leave because everyone says he wasn't the true Barry Allen. "I'll kill them all. Every last one of them." He growled, slipping the mask back over his face.