Chapter 18

Kara stepped into Al's bar hand in hand with Barry, craning his head to peer around the bar and find Lena. Eventually, her eyes landed on the raven haired woman who has her hand raised to gain their attention. She waved at them with a smile, urging them over. "You made it!" She announced happily, rising from her seat and hugging the two.

"So, what did you need to talk about?" Kara inquired as they sat down, her tone a combination of curiosity and worry. Despite her super hearing, she couldn't gauge the woman's tone from the phone call they had, and so her worry had been permeating the entire day.

"It can wait for now, I want to have some fun first." Lena said, using her straw to stir her water lazily, her smile shifting to a sort of frown as she stared at the ice clanking against the glass. "Listen, I lost a lot of time with you Kara because I was too focused on my own hubris, and I just couldn't forgive you when you had done nothing but protect me, and I'm sorry. I want to make it up to you tonight, and I want to get to know you, Barry." She smiled at him and he returned it.

"Listen, Lena, you have nothing to apologize for." Kara assured the woman. "But I can assure you that we are going to have the best night of our lives tonight, after we get a few drinks in!" Kara practically squealed with excitement, and after getting Barry and Lena's requests she got up and ran over to Al the bartender.

"You make Kara really happy." Lena smiled at Barry. "Its nice seeing her so free, and I'm glad she found someone like you. You just seem like a genuinely great person, and honestly really cool. I mean you have super speed! What is that like?!" Lena inquired excitedly.

"Uh, sometimes you are moving so fast everything and everyone around looks frozen. The lightning flowing through your veins feels incredible, and the rush of wind against your face is unbelievable, I lost it once, I don't think I could ever do that again." He admitted and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Its more than just cool abilities, its about being able to help people. I was fully prepared to sacrifice myself in crisis when in came down to it, but I'm glad I'm here with you, with Kara." There was a comfortable paused, and the two looked over to where Kara was standing talking with Al, and Barry turned to Lena once more. "What's the ring like? How does it work?"

"I Uh- I don't really know." She admitted. "There was a green lantern from another earth that gave me the rundown and showed me a few tips, but beyond that I'm in the dark." She laughed, and she perked up as Kara stepped back over, setting their drinks down. "I have a question, you guys are invulnerable pretty much right, super fast healing and all. Wouldn't that mean an increased metabolism and-"

"We can't get drunk." Kara confirmed.

"Doesn't that suck though?" Lena asked curiously, leaning forward in her seat, setting her chin atop her fist.

"Yeah it has its ups and downs." Barry said, and a laugh fell from his lips as he thought back to his memorable bachelor party. "My friend Cisco once made me something that got me drunk in a few seconds and it was something else. I was exclaiming I was The Flash and crying that I loved chicken wings." The two women tried to hold back their laughter, but soon burst out in a fit of giggles. "Fine, laugh, I don't even remember it, my friends had to tell me about it."

"That sounds like quite the evening Barry." Lena chuckled, wiping away a stray tear of joy.

"Well, there's been plenty of nights that have beaten that one out," He spoke, rising to his feat. "Lets see if this one can make that list, eh?" He smirked, extending his hands to Kara and Lena, who played along with the bit and grabbed his hand, dramatically rising to their feet. "Who's up for a bit of karaoke?"

The three stepped up on stage, picking Hotel California. They started off fairly modestly, taking in account all the strange eyes looking up at them, but after a few verses they began to loosen up, and they were soon belting the lyrics at the top of their lungs, singing to their hearts content. Just as they finished and were filing off stage, Alex, Kelly, and Nia were walking into the bar.