28. Everything is just Perfect

Edit/Rewritten: September 24, 2021

___

Logan's POV

_________

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Everything is just Perfect

"Logan," A whispered voice came from my right. I dully ignore it, choosing instead to tear off more of my shirt in order for my hip bones to be noticeable above the hem of my jeans. Crop tops were a look, and for some reason I fell in love with it. "Grade A asshole, oi, pss!"

A shove, I snarl, "What?"

Kai smirks, finally getting what he wants; my attention, and points his thumb to a corner of the room. Reluctantly, and with a glare his way, I turn, freezing as I notice Liam standing outside of the hallway. Ever since we got his stuff from his shared dorm room, like three weeks ago, he had been in a depressive state, dressing in clothes that covered his limbs and that were just dark for a dude who loves pastel. But now, standing just a few feet away from the living room, he's dressed in his usual pastel clothing.

His shirt is a light blue loose shirt, a black long sleve mesh shirt underneath and probably tucked into the black shorts that he's wearing. The shorts fall just above his knees, and beneath his long legs are showcased with the help of light blue stockings, traveling down into platform leather shoes. And, of course, Liam has never been one for casual makeup; his cheeks and lips are pink, eyelids a dark purple, and his hair is once more decorated with colorful clips.

Its glitter barf, but it brings me close to tears. Our glitter barf baby is back.

"Woah, hot tuff. Where ya headin'?" Kai teases after Liam notices our more-than-obvious staring. He leans forward on the counter, I keep pulling on the string of my shirt, wanting to see how short it can go. But dear God, please make Kai shut up.

Liam grins shyly at us, skipping over and stopping on the other side of the counter, flaunting his outfit with a twirl. "Going on a date."

"Oh," Kai leans forward, grinning widely, I want to smack him. "With who?"

Like a shared brain cell, Liam also leans forward on the counter, their noses only missing each other by a couple of centimeters. "Diana, the campus police officer. We uh- well, I tripped in front of her, accidentally!" Kai scoffs a mocking 'accidentally' beneath his breath. "And she asked me out to go get coffee today."

Opening his mouth, Kai leans forward to try and bite Liam, luckily Liam leans back in time before Kai can close his jaw over the tip of his nose. The sound of his teeth knocking against each other echos through the room. Is this what it feels like to be a third-wheel? "And you'll bring me something right?"

Not letting Liam answer because I'm so done with them, I interrupt. "You okay with dating again?"

The conversation stops and Liam's eyes meet mine. After a pensive second, he sighs and shakes his head. "No. That's the only reason why I agreed to meet with her today. We've been texting for a couple of days now and I don't want to lead her on. I'm going to tell her that I just need more time - with all of this."

A hum escapes me, Kai copies the action, I stomp on his foot - satisfied with the small jolt his body gives as he tries to not yowl in pain.

"Is that why you dressed so nice?" Kai asks, words straining as he tries not to make his pain noticeable.

"Nice?" Liam asks, looking down at his clothes, as if not realizing that he'd been wearing large and consuming clothing for the last couple of weeks.