5. Tripp By My Side

Before we begin:

_:('' ):

Ok, you may continue.

Edit/Rewritten: April 11, 2021

Wtf is wrong with me.

___

Logans POV (Get used to him)

_________

Chapter Five: Tripp By My Side

     Something was wrong with me. Immensely, terribly wrong. We had only been here a couple of weeks and I was already suffering from sleep deprivation.

     Maybe I was homesick?

     I shook my head at the thought. No, that couldn't be the case. I had no place to call home to begin with. Most of my time during high school, and even now, my time was spent with Tripp. I shrugged at that thought, my heart fluttering slightly, I could consider Tripp my 'home' for now.

     My hand landed on my chest, that was another thing. Tripp. Every time I thought about my best friend, my body would react. Before, it would just be this warm feeling. The type of feeling one gets when they see someone they love, it was similar to the feeling I got when I saw my brother, but a lot more intense. Despite it being more intense, it was comfortable and I understood it. Tripp is my best friend. I opened up to him on many and all levels that I hid from everyone else. So, yeah, I was used to the warmth and the butterflies filling up my stomach every time I saw him. But the way my body was reacting in the past few months was anything but normal.

     It was heat. When I first felt it, we were still in high-school. It had been when I was in the hospital, due to an accident, one that left me with a scar running down the length of my thigh. It was the right thing to do, because I hated my father, and he was making fun of my brother. There was nothing else to do, words never seemed to work with him. In the end, I was taken to the hospital. At the time, I had kept the information to myself, not wanting to worry Tripp.

     He found out either way, making a surprise appearance in my hospital room. And he looked absolutely torn, the only thing I could do was tug his head onto my unharmed lap and run my fingers through his locks. When, somewhere deep inside, I just wanted to tug him forward and press my lips against his.

     I didn't, but from then on, the heat escalated, and I don't know why. It seemed to have gotten worse since we moved into the dorm together. I sat up on the chair, slapping my cheeks with the palm of my hands in an attempt to clear my head. This was unlike me, I leaned back to look at the ceiling - maybe I was horny. I looked to my right, spotting girls I would usually go for sitting at another table. Maybe I could hit someone up— No. I shook my head again. I promised Tripp that the first year of college would be completely focused on my studies.

     I didn't want to risk my first year going to waste. I also, for some reason, just didn't want to disappoint Tripp.

     But even when I didn't want to get distracted, living with Tripp was already proving to be a huge distraction. Especially if my body continued reacting like this. I cradled my head, poor assignments, I wouldn't be able to finish any of them. There was another thing that bothered me, I noticed things about Tripp. For example; How attractive he was becoming. Was he always so hot? Was everyone meant to become more attractive when they went into college? And why was I just now noticing these things? I let out a frustrated sigh, standing up and placing everything in my bag before heading out of the library. That's one thing I hated about quiet places, my thoughts would get the better of me. I huffed, guess I'll have to study in the dorm.