7. Being Abnormal

Edit/Rewritten: April 11, 2021

___

Logan's POV

_________

Chapter Seven: Being Abnormal

I shifted on the bed, a groan bubbling from the back of my throat as I pressed myself into the body behind me, getting even more comfortable. I immediately knew who it was. Like always; his body was firm, pure muscle pressing against my side. It kept me in place, and oddly enough, comforted me. Because Tripp was home, and he was the only one who brought me that feeling of warmth.

A sigh left me, enjoying Tripps presence behind me. As much as I hated to admit it; women were sometimes too soft. Something that, sure, isn't by choice, but still something I didn't particularly enjoy. Especially boobs, those were usually the most difficult to sleep against, it almost made leaning against them uncomfortable. I snorted, that was a problem for the future me, this wasn't the time to be thinking about that.

I shifted again, inhaling the crisp scent that was Tripp. That was another reason why I knew who was laying down next to me. We had been sleeping next-to-each-other, together, whatever, for the better part of our friendship. It was an odd click, but one I didn't want to get rid of.

Wait, was that weird?

The fact that I don't want to ever stop sleeping next to Tripp. Like ever? Was that normal? It had to be, right? He was my friend. . . . or did that make it weirder? Was Tripp supposed to be something more to enjoy moments such as this? Oh — that, that did sound weird.

I didn't like that at all.

I turned onto my side, burrowing myself further into Tripps chest, wanting more comfort to push away the thoughts I thought were weird. Push them - push them-

People are going to start classifying me as weird, wouldn't they? Would I mind? Did I ever care? There wasn't ever much that I did care about. Just my brother, and his boyfriend, and my bo— my best friend?

Yeah. My best friend. Tripp is. My. Best friend.

Thoughts distorted and broken; right?

I shook my head against Tripp's chest, whimpering when I felt one of his strong hands run themselves through my hair, grounding me. I shuddered as I felt him lean down to kiss the top of my head.

"Calm down baby, you're okay." I leaned forward, unwrapping my arms from his torso and wrapping them around his neck, hauling myself on top of him. This was one of the things that made me love Tripp, he could read me so easily, not hesitating to come to my aid whenever necessary.

In short, Tripp comforted me in ways others couldn't.

Even when I had tried to date seriously during high school, I found that the girls that I did happen to date brought nothing but stress relief for school related things. They never managed to make me comfortable enough to bring down my walls and allow for some sense of safety, comfort, or love.

Maybe that was my fault though.

My thoughts caught up on me and I froze as I re-analyzed them. Did I just think that Tripp loved me? . . . Did I love Tripp? Yeah, of course I did, as a friend. Just as a friend.

Tripps hands massaged my scalp, "Shh, no ones going to hurt you. I'm here, and I'm not leaving."

That statement instantly brought memories from the previous night back to life. Because instead of telling Tripp that I was thinking about him in inappropriate ways, I lied and told him that I simply couldn't sleep. Which wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the truth in that situation. Because truthfully, I never wanted Tripp to leave my side. I didn't want to loose him and the warmth that came with him.