8. Indirect Confession Pt.1

Yes, I put this story on pause. But mainly because I really wanted to edit it and I simply couldn't find the time. But - now i did. So if you're picking up the story again I would suggest re-reading all the previous chapters. I changed the expression style for Tripp and added more backstory for both characters. Thx !

Edit/Rewritten: April 17, 2021

___

Tripps POV

_________

Chapter Eight: Indirect Confession Pt. 1

It was obvious to say the least, but something was going on with Logan.

And it wasn't cute. I mean it was, Logan was cute all the time (and hot, it's a combination that aims to kill me I tell you). He could be a model honestly, but career-options and our unwillingness to follow them isn't what this is about. Usually, I'm able to have a read on Logan. One career he definitely shouldn't strive for is acting, because he absolutely sucked at it.

If he was happy, he had a boxy-grin, and his eyes sparkled like you had given him the moon. If he was sad, he would pout, lips puffing and shoulders slumping (like a sad puppy). If he was mad he would show his rare ticks, but he wasn't an aggressive person. More times than not he was an emotional person, letting the feelings of anger morph into frustration before he let it out in bulging tears. His voice would change too depending on his mood. Logan's normal voice was like butter, warm, melted butter. When he was excited it became higher-pitched, and it only ever changed again when he was sad (or aroused, but I'm not going to talk about that) where it would turn into this high, drawled out whine.

Basically, my point (and not my 300 page thesis paper on why I am in love with my best friend); having a read on Logan is simple.

But this [emphasis on this], is not simple.

And I hated it.

It was stupidly obvious that he was avoiding me (why? I'm trying to figure that one out myself. Mind your business). If there was anything I hated more than my cowardness was being (in any way, shape, or form) apart from Logan. We hardly, if ever, were able to hang out this week. Well, except for that one morning where he stole my soul with a simple kiss.

On another note; was it possible to get that hard so quick? And, why had he done it? I'm not complaining (honest), but the action confused me.

Because, if I'm being honest, I wanted to do a lot more with Logan than just kiss him. (Don't @ me, it's hard to deny that not all best friends dream about making out with their best friend).

That's probably one of the main reasons why I hated this entire avoiding-Tripp-mission. Before moving into the 'dorm' I was determined to woo Logan (with my irresistible charm obviously), but now because of his sudden shift in behavior as well as the morning kiss I was more confused than anything. Because had he done it with some form of conscious thought? Or was it just a plo—

The question was shoved out of my mind immediately because no, Logan would never do that. Watching his mom have countless affairs with other men behind his fathers back, then make it seem as though there was some hope for them to get back together made Logan absolutely hate games in relationships. It was endearing really, because that meant that whenever he was getting bored of a relationship he would pull them aside and tell them flat out that he was losing interest in them.

Most times the confession led to a slap, but other times it led to an indignant huff from the girls who thought they were too good for him anyways (big false). I huffed as I steered into the curb before turning off the engine.