4. "Coming Out"

Edit/Rewritten: April 11, 2021

I hope y'all hate me _(:3 」∠)_

___

Tripps POV

_________

Chapter Four: "Coming Out"

     "Yes!" Logan squealed excitedly, "Road trip!" As always, there was something about him that captured my gaze, movements splayed and gratified to ensure that I wouldn't look away. And, as always, I found myself hating both my brain and heart because to anyone who wasn't (oblivious, stupidly-cute) Logan, the fondness in my eyes would have probably given everything away. And there was nothing I could do to change that fondness, because it had only grown as I got to know him. This was Logan, stupid, endearing, hard-headed Logan. My best friend Logan-

     My heart sank in my chest, maybe always just my best friend.

     A couple of excited gestures and noises later, Logan stopped, letting out a breathy laugh as he made himself comfortable in the passenger seat of my Range Rover (which he still loved, thank you very much). He placed his hands over his knees, leaning forward to catch my eyes and grinning widely at me. Like the 5-star actor I am, I sent him my own cheeky smile before ultimately scolding myself into paying attention to the road. Harming, or killing Logan definitely wasn't on my bucket list (yet, we still haven't gotten to that annoying-phase in our friendship).

     "Remember," I began, waiting until he hummed in acknowledgement and leaned over the middle compartment. "No girls in our dorm room, no matter what."

     It was a simple rule, even I could follow it.

     Logan scoffed at the reminder, waving his hand nonchalantly in my direction. "Trust me, Tripp. There is nothing I would rather do than spend all of my time with you." He sighed dramatically. "Every day. All day. Probably until the day I die, because - I mean, our degrees will take forever to complete."

     As he finished, he looked out the window, enjoying the scenery we were passing and giving me the perfect opportunity to convulse (controledly) in my seat. Because did I hear that right? Was that a confession? A shake to my head, of course not. Fuck Tripp, get a hold of yourself. You should be used to these types of comments to Logans types of comments. So why did they still make me cry internally at the small proposition of hope?

     "Yeah right," I scoffed, hands clenching on the leather around my steering wheel. Logan gasped, faux offense as he turned his attention back to me, eyes wide and lips puffed.

     "I'm serious though," He whispered softly. The air between us shifted in a second, filling with something indescribable. From the corner of my eye I saw him shifting in his seat, the inner-me begged me to look at him, but before I could, the moment was stolen. The lyrics to his favorite song filled the atmosphere and it was enough to have Logan reaching forward to raise the volume, pumping his head to the beat.

     I took that chance to steal a quick glance, biting down harshly on my bottom lip when I noticed a pretty blush on his cheeks. Holy fuck, how adorable. I snapped my attention back over to the road, thinking about what we had done last night.

     To my knowledge; Logan was drunk. And from our interactions this morning, he didn't remember anything. Or. . . did he? If he did, why didn't he say anything? Why would he keep that to himself? An internal groan, why am I keeping it to myself? Either way, was there still a possibility of him being aware of what was going on? Of what we were doing?

     Before last night, we had never gotten close enough to kiss. Every time our faces were centimeters away Logan was quick to look away, change the topic, or come up with a lame excuse to move away from me. Yet, last night, it was the opposite. Obviously, that was probably due to the influence of alcohol more than anything else. But if he did remember, did he discard it? And if he didn't, would he hate me?