15. *Filler*

5 Times Tripp Fell in Love

And the 2 Times Logan Did Too.

Third person POV's because it's superior. This is what started it all cuz I challenged myself to write small excerpts of two idiots in love and it motivated me to write a full story.

I •

It was the evening after the game. Garner Academy had won four consecutive times, next week they would be facing their rival school before advancing. Tripp, despite being content for Logan and his teammates, couldn't help but sulk in his desk chair. Their team captain decided that now would be the best time to celebrate, inviting all the players and other school members to his basement for a get-together.

Safe to say, Tripp wasn't invited. Aside from no longer being interested in the sport, he also didn't attend their school, a fact he loathed daily. So yes, he sulked, because god dammit he missed Logan.

Tripp shook his head, meeting his gaze in the mirror just next to his desk and glaring. He needed to get a hold of himself, it wasn't like Logan missed him. It had been a long debated argument with himself. Why would Logan miss him? As far as he knew, as much as he tried convincing himself otherwise, his angelic best friend saw him as nothing more than a platonic acquaintance.

Nothing more.

A sudden jolt of noise paused Tripp's train of thought, and with strained ears he could make out someone cursing under their breath outside of his room. The only person he had ever known to curse in his house was his father, and his father . . . wasn't home. In fact, he straightened, no one was supposed to be home - but him, of course.

Rising to his feet cautiously, he gripped the doorknob only opening it enough for him to peer out into the hallway. It was dark, ominous, and Tripp felt his stomach drop. He squinted, focusing on the darkness and gasping when he made-out a figure in the dark.

"Logan!" Tripp exclaimed as he recognized the bent figure in front of him. Logan jolted, standing up from his crouching position with a nervous laugh. The light from Tripp's room bounced off the blonds hair, creating a glow in the hallway.

"Hi Tripp," The other mumbled sheepishly under his breath, hand scratching the back of his neck.

"What are you doing?" Logan gave him a skeptical look, as though he wasn't breaking into someone else's house in the middle of the night. Others would throw rocks at windows and serenade their lovers- singing written songs and words, Tripp strained, reminding himself that this wasn't a love story.

"What do you mean?"

Tripp snorted, dismissing the topic entirely. "I thought you were going to the football party tonight."

"About that," Logan began, walking past Tripp and falling onto his bed. "I was bored. 'T wasn't fun."

Tripp leaned against the doorframe of his room, loving how Logan looked on his bed, wanting to see him there more. If he were an artist, he would have asked Logan if he could draw him. Countless times, he could imagine the sketches loitering the floor of his room. Would that be enough of a hint? Would drawings be able to express what he often found himself thinking? "And you came here-?"

He wasn't complaining, honest. But he was curious, and he wanted to hear the other say it. He wanted to be sure that he wasn't the only one that felt at a loss without the other. Logan looked at him from his bed, expression contemplating before answering, "I missed you. The party wasn't fun without you so I came over."

Suddenly, as if realizing what he said, Logan sat up on his arms. "I can leave if I'm bothering I jus-"

"Stay," It wasn't a command, but Logan reacted to it instantly, relaxing once more against Tripp's bed. The reaction sparked something in Tripp, and he couldn't' help but feel in awe with Logan, always uncovering something new about the other.