30. Epilogue

Edit/Rewritten: December 25, 2021

For those who don't know the timeline of colleges, Semester 1 usually begins August and ends December, right before Christmas and Semester 2 usually begins mid-January and ends somewhere in May. Summer Semesters are usually shorter, and usually only last 1 month either being June/July before the cycle begins again. So, in short, the story took place in the span of the first semester (August-December).

___

Tripps POV (I had to.)

_________

Chapter Thirty: Epilogue

3.5 years later, cue: associates + bachelors graduation

     "Hey mum," I greet, turning away from the flashing cameras behind me as the photographers are pushed aside by the building security. It wasn't often that I got caught in the crosshairs of news or media, seeing as the announcement of my family business take-over hadn't even come out yet, but news of me graduating, and getting the necessary degree was enough to have people in a panic over the inheritance of my parents business. Photos didn't bother me much anyway, not with my mom's growing fashion line and terrible need to have me and Logan model her clothes at any given opportunity. There were no complaints from me though, not when Logan could wear silk that made his tan skin shine appealingly.

     "Tripp, honey," She greets in that overly-sweet voice of hers that lets me know (warns me, really) that she's about to ask for a favor. I sigh softly, making my way over to my (our, if you include the love of my life) apartment. Seeing as I would take over my parents business, starting with the company in the west, me and Logan had decided to move out of the house and into an apartment closer to said company. "Do you think you and Logan can come down here this weekend for the Summer Photoshoot?"

     "Can it wait till next week? You know our graduation is next Wednesday." There's a curse coming from the kitchen as I make my way inside the apartment. I can't help the soft (kinda creepy) smile that makes its way onto my face as I loosen my tie and make my way over to the sound. Logan had started to cook a year into our relationship (better late than ever am I right) and even though he's improved drastically, his patience is constantly tested with the task.

     My heart stops (like it always does when I see him) as I take him in. Logan's wearing a muscle shirt with the logo of the gym where he works at printed over the back, and shorts that fall just below his ass. He's taken to wearing them more often, especially since he became a trainer, since it helps with the demonstration of exercises to his clients.

     It also helped me (not) keep my hands off him.

     Ever the one for dramatics; my mom lets out a long whine before going off on a tangent as to why she needs me and Logan there ASAP. I hum in agreement whenever her tone lilts into a questioning one as I press my chest against Logan's back. He easily eases back against me, turning to peck my jaw when he sees that I'm on the phone. An excited noise leaves him when he realizes who's on the other line and he's quick to turn around and steal the phone from me - leaving me with kitchen duty once more.

     When he comes back, he jumps onto the counter next to the stove, grinning. A fond sigh escapes me as I take him in again, he's so handsome. "We're going to your moms photoshoot this weekend."

     A snort escapes me, "Of course we are. What did she bribe you with this time?"

     "Bribe me?" Logan asks, tone entirely innocent as he peeks at the food. Like in highschool, he had decided to dye his hair again, this time a light brown. It works to make his eyes gleam more. I throw him a teasing grin.