19. It's Hope

Edit/Rewritten: May 19, 2021

___

Tripps POV (welcome back love)

_________

Chapter Nineteen: It's Hope

Heaviness weighed down on my chest, making my shoulders sag forward. What am I doing? (Who Knows). Logan had come out of his appointment with a therapist, face neutral as he made his way over to me. I had told him, finally, the truth of what happened that night.

It was eating me alive.

Despite us moving forward in our relationship, despite us making (both emotional and physical) progress in terms of comfort. I simply couldn't keep it to myself. And now, now I ruined it all. Because why would Logan forgive me?

It was terrible, horrible, repul-

"You ready?" My eyes snap up to see Logan leaning against the doorframe. God, he's beautiful. Even just wearing a simple beige turtleneck with green cuffs and collar, and tight black jeans with rips in them. For some reason, fashion wasn't really something we cared about until we moved out of highschool. I look down at myself, grunting in disappointment at my lack of clothing. Right, we were supposed to be going somewhere.

In a second, Logan is standing in front of me, grabbing the black sweater I was holding and scrunching it in his hand. He lifts his chin, I recognize the gesture, quickly ducking my head and lifting my arms so he can pull it over me.

"You look pretty," I compliment (I can't help it! God took his time making Logan).

Logan snorts, "I doubt God cares much about my sense of style, but thank you babe."

Damn, did I- "Yes, you said it outloud. Up." I straighten immediately, watching as the bottom of his sweater lifts to show his belly button and the navel muscles around it. Without thinking (really, when do I ever think?), I reach forward, placing one of my hands on his torso and marvelling at how thin it is.

Too thin, almost.

Logan doesn't seem to mind, continuing to comb back my curls until my vision is cleared. My fingers dig into his side and I reflexively pull back when he shifts beneath me. "Sorr-"

Logan giggles, pulling me out of my trance and convincing me that I (in fact) did not hurt him, just tickled him. Finally, after what seems like an eternity, I meet his gaze. And there is no contempt- or hate, or disgust in his emerald eyes. Instead, he smiles at me, bright and large and it makes my knees quake. I lean forward enough for the tips of our noses to touch, and all over again I find myself falling into his chest (knowing he would catch me). Logan coos and hums, wrapping his arms around my frame and hugging me to him.

"I know." He soothes firmly. Briefly, his knuckles brush against my jaw, and it's enough for me to look up at him. "I need you to know that your confession doesn't change the way I feel about you. I still very much like you as more than a best friend." He studies me, eyes flickering to all parts of my face (when did our roles switch?). "Do you still want to see if it works out?"

I surge forward once more, pressing close-lipped kisses across his face. The corner of his lips, "Yes." His high cheekbones, "God-" He giggles as I press another kiss to his forehead. "Yes, please."

We stare at each other, and his nose calls for me, so without further hesitation I press another kiss to the bridge of his nose, smiling as Logan's eyes fill with light. But. . .I lean back, there was still—

"There's something else I need to come clean about." I murmur (stupid! stupid!). Logan's eyebrows draw together but he smiles, thumbs smoothing my skin, brushing the growing stubble on my jaw.