The beginning

It was a normal Saturday morning, or so it seemed, I had gotten out of and went through my normal daily routine. As usual my parents were in the kitchen cooking breakfast for me and my siblings.

"Good morning Y/N." My father said pleasantly.

"Hey da-" My sentence was interrupted by someone running down the stairs

Unsurprisingly it was my brother, but he seemed angry. His hair was a mess and he was still in his pajamas. His chest heaved up and down in sync with his heavy breathing. He stood at the bottom of the stairs, which were visible from the kitchen, for a fat minute.

"Alright Y/N I know you took it." He said irritation written all over his face.

"Took what?!" I said wary of his mood

"You know exactly what you did stop acting all innocent!"

"Dude calm down-"

"Give it to me you little frea-"

"Jayden! Don't talk to your sister like that!" My mom chimed in.

Too late I could feel the anger bubbling up in my chest. I tried to control my breathing but it became more unstable by the second.

"What the hell!? You think I asked to be like this!" I yelled at him tears streaming down my face.

"Y/N your hands!" My dad shouted.

Looking down at my hands, one that I had balled up into a fist, the other holding the collar of my brother's shirt, smoke came up from the flames that had engulfed my hands. I quickly pulled my hand back from my brother's singed shirt. I looked down not wanting to see my parent's disappointed faces. I felt submerged in a sea of dread that kept pushing me under in that moment.

"I- I'm sorry, I- I didn't mean too." I said struggling to form a sentence.

I ran to my room and as soon as I got in I locked the door and collapsed onto the ground. There hadn't always been a distance from me and my family, but I started learning the complexity of my emotions. My childhood felt like someone else' memory, I had been so happy back then. I had been able to make crystals with ease as a symbol of my joy. But I haven't made a crystal in 8 years, I'm 15 and it still hasn't gotten any better. I began to doze off to the thoughts of my childhood.

"Wait up!" I exclaimed through laughter while chasing after a young boy

He suddenly stopped, so I came crashing into him, we both fell to ground from the impact. We were laughing out of the happiness of being in each other's company. We laid there on a hill gazing up at the sky, not a care in the world. Then the boy sat up,

"Look at the flowers. Aren't they pretty." His smile prominent as he spoke.

I nodded in agreement, but I wasn't focused on the flowers, I was focused on him. His brown curly hair fell just above his yellow Ruana.

"Do you wanna see something prettier?" I asked him

He nodded his head excitedly his gaze not leaving me for a second. I took a deep in and I formed a crystal rose in the palms of my hands.

"Whaaaatttt. I didn't know you could make flowers!" he exclaimed, "My cousin can too!"

"I can't make flowers dummy, it's just a crystal that looks like a flower." I teased

"Ohhhh, it's so pretty." He said with an adorable smile on his face, "What type of crystal is it?"

"Angel aura quartz."

"Really? I've never heard of that"

"Do you want to keep it?"

I held the rose out to him, he took it out of my hands gently. His eyes glowed like a million stars as he held my creation. He rushed towards me and wrapped me in a hug.

"Thank you, I'll keep this forever." His was voice muffled due to the hug

"We should probably head back now." I said flustered

"Right, we probably should've told someone we left hehe."

He got up and grabbed my hand pulling me up, but as I expected him to let go of my hand he didn't. We ran back to his family's house in one hand he held the rose and in the other my hand.

In the distance we saw the casita, as we neared closer I caught sight of his mother, she was pacing clouds formed above her. I saw his father trying to console his frantic wife, we approached them and it took a second but they noticed us.

"-------! I was so worried about you two! You can't just wander off without telling us, you're only 7!" His mom exclaimed as she got down on her knees to hug the small boy.

"Sorry Mami..." He said looking down at the ground while shifting his weight from one foot to another

"It's okay just don't do it again you scared me, and who knows one of you could've gotten hurt and I wouldn't be able to help you." She said tucking his hair behind his ear to get it out of his face. "Y/N your tio Ben is looking for you."

"Awww does she have to go." The boy said with a pout.

"Yes, now Y/N he's waiting for you." She said

I sadly waved goodbye to the boy, heading to where I was told I would find my uncle. I entered the room to find my uncle with my suitcase and bags all packed.

"Hey kiddo, it's time for you to go home." he said crouching down to my level.

"But I don't wanna go home, I like it here." I said

"I'm sorry Y/N, I'd love for you to stay but your parents want you home."

He hugged me, the warmth of his embrace and my hot tears mixed.

I awoke with a jolt as sun peeked through my curtains, grumbling, I begrudgingly got up. My back ached from sleeping on the floor, but I was more focused on my dream. The boy in the dream seemed so familiar, I know I spent some time with my uncle as a kid but I don't remember this boy. It seemed even in the dream I couldn't remember his name or who he was. But I could be thinking too much into it, dreams are weird. As I paced my room I slipped on a piece of paper that was by my door, I fell but caught myself before my face hit the ground.

I picked up the paper out of curiosity, I could've sworn that wasn't there before. I unfolded the paper and I saw my father's hand writing,

~That_0nestupidperson