A Plan

Y/N's POV

Panic rushed through my veins when I heard Mirabel,

"Hi, you must be Mr. and Mrs. L/N?"

I know Mirabel had said it loudly so we could get a warning, but she definitely sounded suspicious. My mom probably suspected something already. It's not like we did anything wrong though.

"What do I do?" I whispered anxiously to Camilo.

"I don't know." Camilo whispered back.

I sighed and listened closer to the conversation happening on the other room.

"Yes, is Y/N here?" I heard my dad ask politely.

"Oh- um..." Mirabel struggled and I saw Alma leave the kitchen.

"Well is she?" I heard my mom ask in a bitter voice.

"Well-." Mirabel got cut off.

"Yes, she's here." Alma cut in, saving Mirabel.

"See, I told you, nothing to worry about." Ben said nervously.

Sorry Ben.

"Come inside, Y/N is probably somewhere around here." Alma welcomed my parents inside.

"It's been awhile since I've been here." My dad tried to make small talk.

Camilo tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention. I looked over to see he had a worried expression on his face.

"We should probably go to them and act like we were just walking around or something." He whispered to me.

I nodded and we walked out of the room to the courtyard. (Idk what to call it so yeah)

"Oh Y/N, there you are." Mirabel exclaimed awkwardly.

"Y/N, why did you run off like that?" My mom didn't even greet me.

"Uh, I thought you guys needed some... privacy?" I said plastering a fake smile onto my face.

"It's fine Y/N just tell someone next time." My father said quickly before my mother could speak, earning a glare from her.

A silence engulfed the room, tensions were high but no one spoke.

"So, how have you been? I haven't seen you two in years." Alma broke the silence.

"Great, our oldest daughter just got into a University." My dad responded trying to keep the conversation going.

"Really? You should come for dinner tonight so we can all catch up." Alma said.

"What-" I blurted.

"That would be nice." My mom said through clenched teeth.

Mirabel and Camilo both looked at me with wide eyes.

"Alright then, it's settled! F/N! M/N! Let's go back to my house for the time being, shall we?" Ben said quickly.

"Yes, come on Y/N." My mom waved to me.

"Erm- can I stay here for the time being..?" I asked.

"Sure, whatever." She said before walking out with my father not far behind her.

Ben looked back nervously before closing the door and leaving. We sat in silence for a moment.

"I'm gonna go tell the others that we're having guests for dinner." Alma said before leaving.

"My room now." Mirabel said to me and Camilo.

Once we got to her room I threw myself onto the extra bed.

"Please let me just disappear." I groaned.

"Sorry hermosa, we can't let that happen." Camilo said.

"It's up to us to make sure this dinner does not go horribly." Mirabel changed the topic.

"Why us?" I said before shoving my face into the pillow and continuing with my attempt at evaporating.

"Wait why was Y/N's mom so hostile? That was scary." Camilo asked.

"Oh right you don't know." Mirabel sighed, "Y/N's mom hates our family because she thinks that the miracle is a curse or whatever. And Y/N, of course it's up to us, we have to make sure no one says some stupid bullshit that makes everything go wrong."

"Chaos tonight is inevitable, someone's gonna slip up no matter how hard we try. Tonight is gonna be a total disaster." I said.

"Geez, stop being so negative." Mirabel scolded me.

"No. I can't help being negative as much as Camilo can't help being an idiot."

"Hey!" Camilo frowned at me.

"You're my idiot." I teased.

"Why do I have to be the idiot, why not Mirabel?" He complained.

"Because you are, now stop flirting, we need a plan." Mirabel said.

"Ok I got one, how about we have your Abuela kick my parents out or I can hide in Camilo's room, and he can turn me into a house plant, forever." I suggested

"My room can't make living beings change..." Camilo said.

"Y/N, please be serious." Mirabel sighed.

"I have zero shits left to give today, please check back in tomorrow."

"Ugh you're not helpful Y/N. Got any ideas Camilo?" She glanced over to Camilo who was just staring at me. "Camilo? Camilooo? Camilo!"

He jumped from her suddenly raising her voice,

"What?!" He asked.

"Great, I'm trying to prevent chaos and the only people I have to help me are you two." Mirabel facepalmed.

"What's wrong with us?" Camilo crossed his arms.

"Y/N's not being serious, and you, you're a simp." Mirabel retorted, I snickered at her statement.

"Alright I'll be serious and Camilo can just, not look at me for now or something." I said with laughter still in my voice.

"I'm not a simp!" Camilo argued.

"Okay, okay, you're not a simp then." Mirabel announced.

"Yeah that's not helpful." He muttered.

Time skip brought to you by Bruno loving his family

An hour or two had passed and we still had no plan to prevent chaos at dinner. But we had also run out of time.

"Mirabel! Camilo! Y/N! Time for dinner!" I heard Luisa call to us.

"Damn, no last minute cancellation then." I sighed.

"Yeah, we're not getting out of this that easily." Mirabel said.

"Prepare yourselves for the worst." I warned them.

"We'll be fine we've had our fair share of disastrous dinners." Camilo assured me.

"Okay, so take those experiences and triple them, this is gonna be chaos." I said as I opened Mirabel's door.

We all stopped as we heard the knock on the door.

"Alright let's go, we've got this." Mirabel encouraged us, but it sounded more like she was talking to herself.

"Milo you're sitting next to me." I told him.

"Obviously." He grinned.

We walked downstairs trying our best to remain calm.

A/N

This was kind of a filler chapter but yeah give y'all a break from the chaos with some funny stuff.

~That_0nestupidperson