Assistance is Necessary

(I'm running out of pictures to put on the chapters lmao T-T all my photos of him are on my phone)

Y/N POV

After about an hour I decided I needed to go back to my uncle's house. I somehow found my way back without any huge struggles. Except there was this girl who scowled at me as I passed her, not sure why, I don't recall ever seeing her before. I kept calm though, as I had learned from public school, some people just won't like you, but that is their problem and their life.

As I walked into the house I was stopped, "Wait Y/N, can you do me a favor?" My uncle stopped me right as I stepped into the house.

"Hm, depends." I said warily.

"Can you go into the market and get some stuff for me?"

"Eh I just got back."

"Yeah well you didn't have a choice kid. Cause I have work to do." He said shoving me out of the door with the list, a bag, and some money in hand.

"You're kidding me..." I mumbled as he closed the door behind, " Eh, it was inevitable." I said just accepting my fate, knowing that my uncle was probably busy editing papers. His job being an editor for some unknown authors.

I began walking when I realized I didn't know where I was going, Ben seriously forgot to tell me where to go... I kept going anyways hoping I would find my way, somehow. Eventually I found myself near the Madrigals house,

"It's gotta be around here, right?" I thought.

But searching around some more I realized I was going in circles,

"aAgHH" I began to get frustrated, "Isn't this supposed to be a small town or something?! Why is there no directions anywhere?!"

Suddenly I smelt smoke, I looked around in confusion, until I realized it was coming from the paper I was holding. It was burning from the corner I was holding it, I quickly threw it on the ground and stomped the small flame out.

"Of course, flames! Stupid gift..." I muttered in frustration.

"Are you okay Y/N?.." I looked over to see Luisa.

"Oh uh... I just got a little frustrated." I awkwardly laughed, but I was mortified that she saw my little 'outburst'.

"Over what?" She asked.

"Oh its uh, stupid, I got a little lost trying to find the market cause Ben asked me to get some stuff for him but didn't tell me where to go." I said quickly.

"That's not stupid, I'd be frustrated too if I were you." Luisa reassured me, " Anyways I could show you where it is."

"Wait are you busy? I don't wanna waste your time."

"No really Y/N it's fine come on."

"Thanks Luisa."

She acknowledged my statement with a nod, she led me down the exact same path I had taken several times, but instead of turning she led me to a path that was slightly covered by an overgrown bush.

"Oh is this why you couldn't find your way to the market," she said as she pointed to the bush, I nodded, "I should tell Isabela later that we need to fix this."

She pushed a part of it out the way so I could go through, I saw tons of booths selling who knows what.

"So what do you need? I can help you if you want." Luisa asked.

I was about to decline her offer when I realized it's probably best she helped me, "Yeah that would be great." I said

We made our way through my uncle's list one by one, occasionally having to decipher what it said because of the burnt parts of the paper.

It wasn't a huge list so with Luisa's precognition of the market we finished pretty quickly. I noticed that I had a bit of money left over so while Luisa was busy looking at something, I went over to a stand that was selling sugar cookies. I paid for one and hid it in my bag.

Luisa and I finished the list so we began to head back to her house, since it was on the way to my uncle's. We reached her house and as we came closer I saw my uncle sitting outside and chatting with Pepa and Felix.

I thought he was working... I walked up behind him,

"I thought you were working?" I said impatiently waiting for his response.

"I finished so I came over here." He said, "Not exactly sure why you're here though..."

"Oh I don't know? Some idiot forgot to give me directions."

"So you didn't do anything this whole time?" He asked ignoring my gibe.

"No I got your stuff, Luisa saw me struggling and helped." I handed him the bag full of his stuff.

"Looks like you owe Luisa."

"Yeah so with left over money I got her something- Oh I have to give it to her!" I said.

I looked around to see Luisa had already gotten Isabela and they were clearing the path to the market. Luisa pulled the overgrown bush straight out of the ground then Isabela began to grow a new plant in the empty spot. I strode over to Luisa,

"Nice cactus Isabela." Luisa said to her sister not noticing my presence

"Hey Luisa," I said as I dug through my bag, "I got you something for helping me out earlier." I pulled out the bag that held the cookie and handed it to her.

She opened the bag and her eyes lit up, "Mirabel told me you liked sweets, so I got you this." I said

"Thanks Y/N." she said giving me a smile.

I nodded and then began to head back to my uncle.

"Y/N I'm gonna be here for a while, so you might as well stay." Ben said as I approached him.

"Okay do you guys know where Mirabel is?" I asked any of the three.

"I think I saw her in Dolores' room earlier." Felix said, "Not sure if she's still in there though."

"I'll check there first then, thanks Felix." I said before walking inside the house.

As I walked up the stairs I heard laughter, I looked over and saw Dolores' door was open.

"Why are you guys laughing?" I heard Bruno say with uncertainty from inside the room.

"Look behind you tio Bruno." Mirabel told him with laughter in her voice. After a second I heard Bruno laughing too.

A/N

This was another kind of long chapter surprisingly. Which is weird because I almost wanted to end it at 400 words but it's now 1000.

~That_0nestupidperson