Her Problem

Y/N's POV

"Y/N?" A voice called out.

I quickly wiped the tears from my face, and blinked back the ones that were forming. I looked back at the figure.

"Y/N, what happened? What's wrong?" Although my eyes were blurred I already recognized his voice.

"I-..." My voice broke, "My parents... they're here."

He slipped his hand into mine and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"My mom- she- she's gonna force me to go back to the city. I know it! And I can't do shit about it. Because the world revolves around her! No one else matters to her! Not me! Not Ben. Not my dad! It's all about her! And my dad... he tries to help, but he can't stand up to her. She refuses to listen. She doesn't care about how I feel. She- she thinks I'm a burden... A stick in her side. I'm not her daughter!" My whole body shook as I spoke, "I'm her problem."

I met his gaze shakily,

"Y/N." Camilo spoke softly. "I won't lie, that's a lot, and I can't just tell you everything is going to be okay, because I don't know that. But... you need to confront her about this. Nothing will change if you stay silent, and you don't have to do this alone. I'm here, Ben is too, if things go wrong we're not just gonna leave you in the dirt. Hell, if you're mom tries anything you can't run away and come live with me."

I let out a watery laugh at his last statement before sighing. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"When did you get so good at this?" I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Cheering me up," I laughed, "I remember one time when we were younger you saw me crying and had no clue what to do. You just started crying too. Until Luisa found us at least."

"Oh so you don't have amnesia anymore?" He teased making me roll my eyes, "In all seriousness, growing up I hated not being able to help my mom when she was freaking out. So I learned how to calm people down."

"Aw Milo, you're such a mama's boy" I cooed, nudging his arm.

"Yeah, yeah." He waved it off.

"So how did you know where I was? Did you get Dolores or something?"

"Y/N you're kidding right?"

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Man, you've been look at me this entire time then." He smirked before continuing, "Look at the lake."

Confused, I gazed towards the lake,

"Oh. Whoops."

The water from the lake had risen into the air. Which kinda revealed exactly where I was.

"Yeah, but I only noticed cause it also happened in my house." Camilo said.

"It did?"

"Yeah, I was just innocently getting water and it sprayed into my face and started floating!"

"I'm sorry Milo, that's hilarious." I said through my laughter.

"It is." He agreed nonchalantly, "So are you gonna try to get it down or what?" He pointed to the water.

"Oh, well, I can try." I said uncertainly.

I averted my gaze towards the water that was literally floating in the air. I focused on it and imagined it going back down.

Nothing.

"Well that didn't work." I sighed, giving up and turning away.

"Yeah it did." Camilo said.