Burden

(For this of you who don't know M/N=mothers name and F/N= fathers name)

Y/N POV

It's Saturday morning, I have a lot to get done today. Actually I've had a lot to do for the past week. I've barely been able to see Camilo or Mirabel.

My parents have been sending me a lot of workbooks so, "I can continue my education properly." I don't know what the fuck that means, but I do know they're sending way too much.

It's exhausting I've stayed up late for the past couple of nights trying to finish it.

As I entered the kitchen I saw Ben was looking through some mail.

"Whatcha got there." I peered over his shoulder.

"Nothing interesting, except your parents sent you something." He replied.

"It better not be more work for me to do." I sighed.

He handed me an envelope ignoring my comment. It was pretty light, I recognized my father's handwriting instantly. I've always been able to, he has very easily recognizable handwriting for some reason.

I slowly opened the envelope and read it,

Dear Y/N,

I already don't like the beginning it gives me bad vibes.

I wanted you to know that we will be visiting this Saturday.

The grip loosened and the paper fell out of my hands.

"Shit shit shit shit shit." I muttered grabbing my uncle's attention.

"What did you read?" He asked giving me a weird look.

I didn't bother to look back and read the rest of the paper before handing it to Ben. He took a moment to read it, his expression went from confused to even more confused.

"What..." he mumbled.

"Did they not even tell you?" I asked.

"No. I mean when you came here I did say they could visit anytime. But, you know, I expected a warning first."

"Of course they didn't tell you." I rolled my eyes, "That's exactly something they'd do."

Ben wasn't listening, he seemed to be deep in thought.

"So I assume they sent this a couple days ago and it just got caught up in the mail. Or less likely, they wrote this at like midnight and sent it." He said mostly to himself.

"Does that really matter though?" I waved my hands around trying to convey a point. "They're coming today, TODAY, what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know, talk to them."

"BUT WHAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG."

"Jesus Y/N." He raised an eyebrow, "They're your parents there's no need to worry."

I looked him straight in the eyes.

"There is every need to worry." I said blankly.

"Mhm like what?" He asked.

"Well, first of all, if I somehow screw up my mom is gonna freak out and tell me I have to go back home and I don't want to because I'm actually happy here unlike when I was with them, I swear it was constant pressure." I ranted.