Ideals

Camilo's POV

"Camilo get me some water too!" I heard Mirabel call out to me.

"Alright!" I called back as I entered the kitchen.

I grabbed two glasses and went to the sink. When I turned on the faucet I was sprayed in the face with water.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed.

I looked around in awe.

The water that was coming out of the faucet was going up. Small drops began to scatter around the room just sitting in the air.

"You good Camilo?..." Mirabel went silent upon walking into the room.

"Turn off the faucet!" She suddenly barked.

I quickly turned it off but the water that was already in the air stayed still.

"What the..." Mirabel muttered.

Then it clicked.

"Y/N." Mirabel met my gaze, her eyes wide.

Y/N's POV

I blindly walked, I didn't know where I was going, all I know is I did not want to be in the same building as my mother.

Eventually I found myself by the lake, I sat down by the water. I gazed at my reflection, the small ripples distorted my face.

Tears still streamed down my face, with each thought, their purpose deepened. I closed and my eyes.

(Flashback in third person ✌🏻)

A young girl stood in front of a mirror, she was twirling around in her new dress.

"Y/N! Ben's here!" One of her parents called to her.

In an instant the girl ran downstairs to go greet her uncle. She skipped the last few steps and dashed to the front door.

"Happy birthday kiddo." Her uncle gave her a hug and then grinned. "How old are you now? Two?"

"I'm five." Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Eh same thing." Ben teased.

"Y/N go ahead and go find your mom. I need to talk to Ben about something. Ok?" Y/N's father told her.

She nodded, but as she turned the corner she stopped. Being only a kid, her curious nature got the best of her. She eavesdropped as her Dad and Uncle talked.

"So, how is everyone?" Her dad asked.

"Good. Pepa's youngest just got his gift, shapeshifting." Her uncle replies.

The young girl listened more intently at that statement. Usually adults were too mature to talk about things like having powers.

"Agh, I swear I remember his name. What was it? It started with a C right?"

"Camilo, that's his name. Next up is Julieta's daughter Mirabel."

"Aw jeez, I still remember the triplets ceremony. I wish I could see another." Y/N's father reminisced.

"Yeah me too, I can see when Mirabel's is and you can come if you want?" Ben offered.

"No, it's best I don't, after all, you know how M/N is about the Madrigals."

"I guess, but if you change your mind just tell me."

"Yeah, yeah, anyways we should probably go to the kitchen. Y/N's probably getting impatient, she's really excited about her cake." Her father laughed.