Let Me Tell You A Story

Y/N's POV

The distant sound of voices aroused me from my sleep. I shifted around trying to get rid of the discomfort that had spread throughout my body.

I felt thick rope cut against my skin.

My eyes shot open to darkness. A small light source shone from behind boxes.

Both my arms and legs were tied up, but strangely they hadn't covered my mouth. Hushed whispers came from where I couldn't see but I could make out my name being mentioned several times.

"Hello..?" My voice was weak.

They went quiet and I heard the shuffling of some chairs against the ground.

"Your awake." My mother appeared. "I'm glad." There was a false friendliness in her voice.

"Why did you do this?" I got straight to the point.

"Oh, come on honey, you haven't seen your own mother in a couple months and you don't even greet her?" She put a hand to her chest in mock sadness.

"You sent people to kidnap me! And they threatened my friends! With bombs!" I snapped.

"How else was I supposed to get you to come home?"

"I don't know? ASK! And this is not my home! I don't even know where I am! And for all I care you took me from my real home!"

"Don't talk to me like that! I am your mother!"

I cringed at her statement,

"Then act like it."

She ignored me.

"Anyways I found out about your little boyfriend, and let me say this, I disapprove." I opened my mouth to speak but she hushed me, "But it could prove to be useful for me. As long as you don't blab to him."

"Can't exactly blab to him if I don't ever see him again."

"I like that attitude but unfortunately I have to let you see him again."

"Wait... no! You have me! Leave them alone!" I pleaded.

"Did you think that was my goal? To get you back?" Her hollow laugh echoed in the room. It was hard to believe a couple months ago I thought of this woman as family. "I'm gonna destroy the Madrigals." Her eyes glowed with joy, "We're going to destroy the Madrigals."

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"You don't have a choice." She smiled.

"Does he know about this?" I asked.

"Who?"

"My father, your husband."

"Oh." She laughed, "Of course not! He would be furious! He thinks I'm out having a drink with my friends."

"Why? Why do you hate the Madrigals? The miracle?"

"What do you think you know?"

"Well..." I really didn't know much, "I know you think the miracle is some sort of curse because of you grandfather."

"Listen Y/N, you don't know what happened 50 years ago. Let me tell you a story. Fifty years ago your grandmother and grandfather were forced to flee their town along with Alma and Pedro Madrigal. You are familiar with the story, Pedro gave his life to save everyone and the Madrigals were granted with a 'miracle' blah blah they have gifts now. But that's not the point, the point is where did they get this miracle?"

"Pedro gave his life for his wife and kids..? You already explained that?"

"No!"

I jumped back.

"Your grandmother gave her life for our family that day. Just as Pedro gave his life for his family. We're we blessed? Do we have gifts? No!"

"I have a gift..."

"I'm getting there. If that truly was the reason they received a miracle, then our family should've gotten one too. But our family did not. So they obtained the magic some other way! Some corrupt way! We will destroy that evil!"

I stared in disbelief.

My entire life had been a living hell. And this was the  bullshit reasoning?

"What is wrong with you?!" I screamed, "You're supposed to be my mother! But instead you throw that away because your mad that our family didn't get a miracle or magic gifts!"

My mother stopped and stared at me for a moment before shaking her head.

"You don't understand. You couldn't. You were corrupted by their curse. We must get going now." She said.

"I am not going with you." I glared at her.

"Sebastian!" She called out and the older man appeared.

He walked towards me, there was a rag in his hand. I knew what was about to happen. I took a deep breath in right before he could put it over my mouth.

As hard as I tried not to breathe I ran out of air quickly. My lungs began to ache for air. Subconsciously I gasped for air letting whatever substance that the rag was drenched in into my lungs.

My vision began to fade as panic rose in my body.

A/N

No I'm not paying for anyone's therapy. If anything you can pay for mine.

~That_0nestupidperson