BETRAYAL

Jungkook's POV

"Stay strong. This isn't the end, he'll be going to a beautiful place and will always stay in your heart," the doctor tried comforting us, but no words could ease the pain we were all in.

"Doctor, could we pray and sing once before sending him off?" Uncle Namjoon requested. I know he won't stop trying to wake him until the end.

The doctor sighed and nodded yes. The nurse and the others walked out of the room. It was only us. Jimin, Namjoon, Kim Moni and I.

"Can you sing for us?" Uncle Namjoon asked Kim Moni. Uncle was in the worst condition of all.

He wouldn't sleep or eat anything. His dark circles made him look older than he was. He almost looked lifeless.

"Yeah, sure," Kim Moni gave a small smile. "What song do you want me to sing?"

" 'Can you see my heart'. That was tae's mother's favourite song." He answered not taking his eyes off Taehyung.

"Can you see my heart

It's only you for me

I'll be right behind you

One step behind..."

Her melodious singing filled the room with memories of Taehyung. I'll never be able to forget him, he'll forever stay in my heart.

Goodbye Taehyung.

I didn't have the guts to say it out aloud. I'm scared he would disappear if I did.

"Why can't it be me?

Love is so close yet so far

And so is your heart."

The song ends so gracefully I wish the situation was different so I could enjoy it more, but...

I notice my face wet from tears but don't bother to get rid of it.

"Uncle Namjoon, why don't you pray?" Jimin suggests, and he starts praying.

I don't hear what he's praying or saying, but I know one thing, everyone in this room is begging god to send him back to us.

(Will he answer our prayers? )

"Amen."

"Amen." I repeat after everyone.

"Taehyung, dad always loves you. You'll always be my little boy. If you meet mom say I miss her so much," uncle Namjoon couldn't stop himself from crying.

Uncontainable tears rushed from his eyes. I know he was holding back himself all these days. But in the end, he's a human and a good father too.

"Taehyung, you have always been a good brother. You were so kind to me, even after everything I did. I'm sorry and I'll miss you," Jimin said through tears, wiping his runny nose.

"I'm sorry I couldn't meet you before. I promise to take good care of your dad," Kim moni whispered in his ears caressing his hair.

It was my turn now, my last chance to talk to him.

I kneeled beside him so that we were on the same level.

"My brother," I took his hands in mine. "My friend, my supporter. I have no words to express my feelings right now. The hole you'll leave in our hearts is unhealable. Y/n always loved you and will love only you. So does your son Taehyun. Watch over us." My eyes burned from the constant crying. Yet he didn't bother to wake.

How could he? How could he leave us so soon?

"Ah- get up jk you're hurting me," is this a dream? Why can I hear him? Am I dead too?