Chapter 26

Mason POV

"You may have fooled Tyler but you don't fool me" Xander growled glaring at me his eyes narrowing into slits but it had no effect on me. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I told Tyler that I wasn't the one who killed your sister" I stated but he just shook his head growling at me.

"I know it was you! She was in love with you! She even rejected her mate for you! But you just dumped her like she was nothing" He spat but I just shook my head.

"Yes I admit that she did reject her mate for me but I put common sense into her mind telling her that I wasn't the one for her, that her mate was her soul mate, the only person who could love her just as much as she did." I said and he shook his head.

"Stop lying! If you were telling the truth why did she kill herself then? He would have taken her back because she was the one who rejected him!" He growled shaking his head.

"Before I tell you the truth you need to calm down mate. She wouldn't have wanted you to be like this" I said softly and I watched as he looked at me, contemplating whether or not to do as I said before he sighed taking a deep breathe he closed his eyes and when he opened his eyelids I saw the hazel coloured eyes of the guy who was my best friend.

"I didn't tell you this because she promised me not to tell you, but not telling you this has made you so angry and resentful. I truly am sorry" I apologized and he looked taken back not having heard me apologize to anyone before he masked his emotions.

*Flashback*

"MASON!" someone screamed from behind me making me look back to see Bella running up to me. Bella was my best friends sister and I know the saying was bros before hoes but something about Bella always seemed to pull me in, I knew she wasn't my mate but she intrigued me but it stopped once I had done what any hormonal teen boy did, which was a dick move but hey, I told her what was going to happen and she still came to me anyways.

"Bella, we talked about this, I don't want any sort of relationship with you. I told you before we had even done anything what was going to happen" I stated and a look of hurt flashed through her eyes before it disappeared.

"But I rejected my mate for you! Mason please just think about it! What we have is special can't you see it!?" She asked with teary eyes and I sighed.

"Bella, you shouldn't have done that. You have to apologize to your mate for what you did. Your mate is your soul mate someone who will be there for you in ways I will never be. I know what I did was wrong but I told you I wasn't into committed relationships. You found your mate so go and be with him" I said and she bit her lip.

"But I thought we had something" She whispered and I shook my head.

"What we had was nothing but a physical relationship. Be with your mate Bella its the right thing to do" I replied and she nodded her head looking at me with a sad smile.

"I guess your right, thanks Mason and I'm sorry for getting too attached to you" She blushed and I laughed. "I should be the one saying sorry, but its okay. Now go on and find your mate, he is probably moping around crying that you rejected him" I teased and her eyes widened muttering a curse word before running off waving goodbye.

Turning around, I walked back into my house, closing the door behind me. I'm glad I did something good, Bella deserves it.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

"Mason" A tiny whisper came through my mind-link.

"Bella? Is that you?" I asked.