Chapter 28

Lottie POV

I saw it coming, the moment Brodie went to slam Mason's head with his hands so hard it had him tumbling. I knew it was the right time to go in for the kill. Literally.

I lunged at Brodie while he was distracted grabbing my baby. My heart was beating rapidly but I let a small sigh as I felt Ashton in my arms. Pushing Brodie he stumbled back but caught himself before he fell, my eyes widened as anger flickered through his eyes.

Turning around as quick as I could I started running only to be pulled back by my hair making me scream at the pain as I closed my eyes. But that's when everything stopped and my world came crashing down.

It all happened in slow motion. The moment my hair was pulled I felt it, my hands slipping from my child's hold, the undeniable pain as I saw my baby fly through the air. His screaming voice as he was chucked into the air was something a parent did not want to hear. The fact that I couldn't do anything except scream was terrible and horrible.

My screaming stopped as I saw Charlene charge into the door, her eyes widening at the sight of Ashton in the air and just like that he was in her arms safe and sound as he wailed making my heart ache.

That feeling stopped as soon as I remembered his hold on my hair as he yanked it once again making me wince as I stumbled back into his strong hold.

"You shouldn't have done that" He growled into my ear and I let out a shiver of disgust.

"I will do anything to protect my children" I spat back at him stomping on his foot making him howl in pain as he let go of my hair a little. Jabbing him with my elbow I escaped his grasp, looking around me I saw some scissors near by running to grab them I snatched them up turning around I gasped as I saw Brodie right in front of me. My eyes widening even more as he hissed in pain as the scissors cut into his flesh making him drop to the floor.

Running away from him, I let out a cry as he grabbed onto my leg pulling me back making me trip and fall down. I looked back to see him glaring at me with pure hatred making me flinch.

Kicking, I tried to get his hand off of my leg but it became hard when his grip tightened on each hold. Grunting, he got up slamming his body against mine making me wince at the weight of his body. I cringed when I smelt his breathe, it smelt of something putrid making me gag. His scent was suffocating me making it hard to breathe and I struggled to get away from him.

"You thought you could get away" He smirked at me making me look at him with disgust.

"No unlike you I actually care about others. The only thought going through my mind was getting my child back to safety" I spat making him glare at me.

"Well that's what happens when you get rejected by your mate, the one person in this world meant to love you like no other. How could the goddess do this to her own kind? Make a mate for them that will end up breaking them making them bitter and hated" He stated and a part of me felt sorry for him, that his own mate rejected him and I couldn't imagine life without Mason. Pushing those feelings down deep.

"If you let us go, no harm will come to you. I know that I will never feel what you experience but you need to move on and find someone who will make you happy. Sure it may not be your true mate but at least you will have someone there for you" I reasoned with him, looking at him with sincerity.

There was a moment where I saw a look that flashed through his eyes that looked like he was going to give in but it faded as soon as his face became cold and hard, his face becoming blank from emotions and I knew it was too late. I couldn't help someone who did not want help.

With a shaky breathe, I tightened my hold around the scissors still around my fingers and plunged it into his skin making him howl in pain, his fingers digging into my skin making me wince.

Pulling it back out he let out another grunt before I stabbed it back into his body right into his heart and with one last look I did the one thing that he would never have done.

I apologized.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Apologies were thrown my way as we took Mason to the infirmary. I was glad to find that Mason was only knocked out and that he would be healed in no time, waking up in a few hours.

I just shook my head stating that it was okay. It wasn't there fault that this had happened.

As soon as Brodie had been killed some of the pack members came running towards me pulling Brodie off of me and asking me if I was alright. Telling them I was completely fine, I got up quickly and raced to Ashton grabbing him and hugging him tightly as I whispered comforting words. Walking over to my Cameron and William I hugged them as they cried into my shoulder too. This must be the worst experience ever. No matter how many times we bring them back to safety they keep getting hurt or kidnapped. It was getting beyond a joke now.

"You know, you couldn't stop what happened" Mason's mother whispered towards me as we sat in the hospital bed waiting for Mason to wake up. Grabbing my hand she held onto it squeezing it slightly making me look at her with tears in my eyes.

"I just feel like a horrible mother. How can I let my children go through with this? I keep putting them in danger and I feel as though I never get it right" I sniffed wiping the few tears that strayed.

"Life isn't easy sweetheart, you know that especially. But I can tell you that it will be easier. Sure you will have obstacles in the way but you overcome it. Being a Luna isn't easy just as being an Alpha isn't easy but we have to learn from our mistakes" She replied giving me a small smile.

"You aren't the only one who had to go through these hardships sweetie, most Alpha's go through this more than once. It's the price we pay for having something so big. The only thing that we can hope is that we can protect the ones we love" She smiled before wrapping her arms around me. It reminded me of my mother, how she would comfort me and hug me when I was feeling down. It made me cry as I think of my mother, she would never meet my children. She would never be able to spoil her kids rotten like I know she would.

"Thank you" I whispered before pulling back giving her a smile.

"It's no problem sweetie, I see how Mason looks at you, with love and adornment. You make him happy and for that I thank you, you've made him more himself than he has been in ages" She thanked.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned making her nod her head "Anything" She replied.

"You said that I've made him more himself than he has been in ages. What does that mean? Did something happen to him in the past?" I questioned and she looked at me with a confused look.

"Didn't he tell you?" She asked making me shake my head. Her eyes widened a fraction and I swear I heard her mutter a curse word before shaking her head sadly.

"My dear I think its best if Mason tells you himself" She replied and I nodded my head.

Thousands of possibilities ran through my mind. What could be so bad that it had Mason change so much he became cold and cruel to those who he did not know?

—————————————

Hey Guys!

I know, you guys are probably saying 'Oh my god! She finally updated!' So sorry for the late updates! Comment what you think about this chapter! And Yay! They're okay! Besides Mason of course but they're alive! Now if you have any confusions like I said feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them as good as possible! What do you guys think made Mason change to the way he is? I know he may not seem like the cruelest person but you've only seen him through Lottie's eyes. I know I said that this book was coming to an end soon but I lied >_< I've got some ideas for this book so be expecting more chatpers!!

VOTE AND SHARE

Until Next Time

XOXOMELODY