Chapter 36

Mason's POV 

I felt it. The moment Lottie had left my territory and let me tell you something.

It fucking hurt like a mother fucker.

My heart sank to the depths of the ocean, my wolf became agitated, angry and restless. Wanting nothing more than to shift and run crazy searching for our lost mate.

It felt as if my heart had been ripped out of my own body, but it wasn't the feeling of my heart being ripped out of me. It was the person who had caused it to make me feel this way, to make me cry out in pain. It was Lottie. It was as if my mind had made my worst nightmare. My own mate trying to kill me.

I clutched my chest, trying to stop the burning pain that was intensifying at the thought. Pushing it down, I shot up out of my seat and stormed out of the office.

"I want everyone out looking for my mate! I also want to know why the fuck no one stopped her before she passed our territory!" I roared through the mind-link. I was then that people began shouting out 'yes alpha' 'sorry alpha' 

As soon as I was outside I shifted into my wolf. Trying to contact her through our mind-link I let out a growl of frustration as I couldn't get through. She was blocking me.

Growling, I set off, sniffing for her scent. I could smell a faint trace, running off into the direction of where her scent smelt more fresh. Once I could smell her scent I set off running, hoping this was all a dream. 

I let out a whine, before stopping and howled out in sadness. I had been searching for her everywhere but no matter where I searched I couldn't find her. It was as if she fell off the face of the earth.

I would set off outside the territory but with no Beta by my side I couldn't step out of the territory or else our pack would be in great danger.

This is your fault.

I let out a growl as I heard my wolf telling me this.

You made our mate leave because of some stupid girl.

I flinched back a bit as I could feel him getting angrier and angrier at me by the second. Somewhere deep down I knew. I knew he was right. But me and my stupid pride made it much harder to admit something like that. That I had made a mistake. I hated mistakes and yet here I was making mistakes every single time it came to my family. No matter how hard I tried I could never get anything right. 

If we never see our mate again I will make sure you suffer.

My wolf was getting agitated and I knew that no matter what, if I did not find my mate he would do exactly that. My father had told me about his father doing something similar. My grandmother had died and it was my grandfathers fault, making my grandfather's wolf turn mad. My father had told me that my grandfather had cheated on my grandfather, defying the laws of werewolf and mating to another woman when he had already mated to my grandmother making her hang herself from the pain he had caused her. His wolf turned angry and felt hatred towards my grandfather causing him to slowly die in the most agonizing way.

I sprinted to our house to see if she left any clues as to where she was going. Shifting back into my human form I put some pants on before searching the house even though I knew it was pointless.

I ran a hand through my hair, pulling at the ends of it as I tried so hard to keep it together.

Putting a shirt on, I stormed out of the house planning to search for Lottie again when I finally realized that she was already back. I saw as she stepped out of the car closing it, she turned her eyes widening a little before I slammed her against the car hugging her tightly against me.