Hold my hand

A/N: I wanted to include some Edgeworth x reader stories from my first Ace Attorney oneshots and headcanons book in here, so this is just a reupload. The next chapter is also a reupload, which is basically a story in different parts. There's only the first part to that story for now, but once I've written the second part, it'll be on here too for anyone who's interested in reading it. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Care to dance with me?"

It was a chilly winter night, and your boyfriend, Miles Edgeworth, had been invited to some kind of formal event at the Prosecutor's office. You didn't quite know what they were celebrating, but everything was pretty elegant. Besides, you were just glad Miles chose you to come with him. It made you feel special, in a way.

You look him up and down, a smile spreading across your face. Gently placing your hand in his, he lifts you up, almost sweeping you off your feet. In the distance, there are other couples gliding across the room, completely focused on each other. To be honest, seeing everyone dancing so gracefully made you feel a little bit nervous. Well, maybe more than a little nervous. However, noticing your concerned expression, Miles squeezes your hand, a concerned expression of his own spread across his face.

"Y/N, are you alright.? You look a bit pale..Shall we go outside to get some fresh air?"

"Y-Yeah.."

Making your way out, Miles follows right behind you, his hands firmly gripping your shoulders. When you get to the door, he opens it for you as you continue leading the way outside into a beautiful garden, dimly lit by a few lights. There was a long banquet table with a white cloth covering it, and all sorts of snacks were sorted out on top of it. There weren't many people around. It seemed everyone would just take the snacks and go inside again, since the real fun was inside, apparently. You thought otherwise though, and it seemed Miles thought the same.

"Hmm..It seems no one else is here apart from the two of us.."

"Mhm.."

"And the music is loud enough to dance to here, too.."

"That's right..So, what should you be asking right now?"

"Hmph..Care to dance with me?"

"..I'd love to."

You gently place your hand on his, as he pulls you closer, wrapping one arm around your waist. He plants a small kiss on your hand before placing it on his shoulder, and you reach towards his other hand, intertwining it with your own. Holding his hand always felt so special..Whether it was to guide you through a crowd of people or a simple gesture to show each other's love, his warm touch never failed to put you at ease.

"Um..Miles..?"

"Yes, dear?"

"I just wanted to..apologize for earlier, for..y'know..Being a little nervous."

"There's nothing to apologize for. I can understand why dancing in front of so many people may arise some sort of anxiety.."

"Yeah, well..You're right, but..Ugh..seeing everyone dancing so elegantly made me afraid that I'd mess up somehow, you know?"

"I see..Well, there's nothing to worry about now that it's just the two of us, is there?"

He gives you a small smirk, causing you to blush slightly. Yet another thing that you loved about him. His smile. Since it was so rare to see, seeing him being able to feel so relaxed around you would always make your worries vanish. It was a nice reminder that everything you'd been through with him to get to this point was worth the while.

As he gently swayed you to the soft sound of a classical melody, your eyes couldn't help but meet with his. They were usually so relentless and cold, not to mention a bit intimidating, but tonight, the ice-cold facade was broken down and replaced. Replaced by a soft, warm look, unlike anything you'd ever seen on him. And it looked so, so beautiful on him. If only it could stay like that forever. But perhaps, it was the fact that it wasn't always this way which brought you together in the first place..?

"Y/N..How have you liked this event so far?"

"Oh, it's been wonderful. Everyone seems to be really nice, and the music is really..fancy..Not to mention all the good food! It's just a bit overwhelming, that's all."

"I agree..I don't really see the reason to invite everyone. Personally, I would've chosen to stay home, but..I'm glad you like it."

"Yeah, it's nice and all, but you never really told me what it is that they're celebrating.."

"Ah, that's right. Apparently, it's Chief Prosecutor Skye's birthday today..Though, I'd completely forgotten about it, to be honest.."

"Jeez, Miles, how can you just forget Chief Skye's birthday like that? Will you forget mine the same way too?"

"N-No, of course not..! Your birthday is much more significant to me."

I know, I know..I'm just teasing."

"Hmph..Let's just keep dancing..Just hold my hand and follow my lead, alright?"

Song after song played, and you both continued dancing. As the final song of the night came to an end, Miles abruptly pulled you in closer, his face inches away from your own. Your breath quickened for a second, since his sudden movement had completely caught you off-guard. Though, the only thing you had a chance to do was blink, seeing as the next thing you knew, his lips were on yours. Melting into the kiss, you close your eyes as your hands creep up his neck carefully, pulling him in closer and making it more passionate than before.

Miles gently breaks the kiss, as his lips brush against yours one last time, both of your eyes fluttering open to catch a glimpse of each other. You simply smile, as he pulls you into a warm embrace. He buries his face in your neck, and you can hear him breathing out a small chuckle as he gently combs through your hair with his hand, the other still tightly wrapped around your waist.

"Y/N..Thank you for keeping me company tonight. Everything would have been so dull without you.."

"..It's no problem, really. You've already done so much for me, after all. It's the least I can do."

For a moment, both of you remain engulfed in the comfortable silence, still holding each other tightly, almost as if you were afraid of letting go.

But you didn't feel afraid at all. In fact, it was the opposite. Anything, any obstacle, problem or worry could attack you right now, but none of it would faze you. Not while you felt so loved and protected by the person you loved most.

As if on cue, the three words that seal that barrier of safety were uttered out. Funny how a few words can change your life, huh?

"..I love you."

"..I love you more."

"Objection!"