Living to serve (!assistant reader)

It was well past midnight, and you were currently slumped in your office chair with your arms crossed. You were so tired and your eyes felt so droopy, that you could've fallen asleep right  then and there. And what was the reason you were in the office so late at night? Well, it's for the one and only Miles Edgeworth, extreme workaholic and perfectionist in everything. And since you're his assistant, you're forced to stay up with him. Not to mention the fact that you live together, so it's completely up to him whether you go home or not.

But, that is sort of misleading. He did offer to give you a ride home earlier, but you refused, since you felt it was your duty to see your work through to the end. You didn't think it'd take this long, though.

Frustrated, you let out a sigh, hoping that he'd notice how utterly exhausted you were, but he continued scribbling stuff down like he always did. When he got into "work-mode", as you liked to call it, nothing and no one could distract him. He was basically a machine carrying out an important task.

"Miles, d'you think we can go home now..? I'm really tired.."

"Give me five more minutes."

He always said the same thing.

It was like a program running the same convoluted lines of code over and over and over again.

"Just a minute, I'm almost done," "Just wait a bit, I'm almost finished."

It was all lies.

"Miles.." When you called his name once again, you didn't even get a single reaction from him. Not even a single glance your way, let alone raising his head and actually listening to you for once.

"Alright, that's it." you mumble, as you abruptly stand up from your chair and walk over to his desk, the sound of your shoes stomping at the rate of your heartbeat as you stand over him and stare him down. He only looks up slightly, only for him to go back to his work as if you weren't standing right there in front of him looking furious. 

A resounding bam rings out across the office, as you slam both your hands on the table, now even more angry than before. The sound and slight shake of his desk earned you a small flinch from him, which was enough as long as you got him to listen.

"Y/N, what is the meaning of this!?" His attention was all on you now, ironically enough. His eyes were fierce and relentless, burning hot with annoyance. But it was nothing compared to what you were feeling right now.

"I want you to listen to me. I need you to listen to me. And this was the only way to achieve that." you challenged his menacing glare with you own, almost forcing him to look at you as you inch closer to where he's sitting.

"Who says I'm not listening? If I wasn't, I wouldn't even respond to you!" He was standing up now, placing his hands on the desk the same way you were, and you were both practically face-to-face now.

"I've been asking you over and over when we're going to leave, and you just keep saying the same thing and brushing me off! Do you call that listening!?"

"Alright, you know what? I'll listen. We'll make some tea, sit down and talk about our issues like adults." That last part had some added-on bitterness there, which only annoyed you more. "I'll make the tea, you sit down on the couch."

"No, I'll make it. I haven't done anything in ages, thanks to you and your oh-so-important paperwork.."

"Hmph..Suit yourself."

Walking over to the tea set, you grab a bottle of water from a cabinet below, pour the water inside, plug the electric tea pot and turn it on, waiting for the water to start boiling. As you did, you decided to set up the teacups. You place Miles' favourite cup and your own on the table, taking the tea packets and placing them beside the cups. As you pour a bit of sugar into your cup, you glance at Miles, who's sitting on the couch with a thoughtful expression on his face with his arms crossed. He better be doing some serious consideration about how he's treating you, as both an assistant and a partner.