Lavender

A/N: ..Aaaand my life is back to that hectic state again. But just because I'm not updating as much as I used to doesn't mean I'm gone forever! Sorry there was no Valentine's day special this year, it's the thing I kept procrastinating on and now it's definitely too late, so maybe next year, if my brain allows it.

Anyway, just a trigger warning for this one, there's various mentions of overdose and suicide. Enjoy this angsty oneshot because it's the only thing I could come up with to get out of my writing slump.

Thanks for reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Calmness, kindness, devotion. Three perfect words to describe Y/N L/N, and the impact they had on other people's lives. On his life. Forever level-headed when confronted with a situation that would usually cost him a few braincells and cause him immeasurable amounts of stress. They handled everything with such grace, how they managed to cope while always keeping that ever-so-patient smile on their face was beyond him.

How they never faltered, even in the face of despair. How they worked hard, yet still managed to share their passions with other people, create deeper connections, dare he say almost effortlessly. He had to admit, it made just a tiny bit of jealousy twinge in his chest, like a small flame that dies out during a breezy summer's day. Easy to ignite, yet just as easy to extinguish. It was so futile and fleeting that it barely even mattered, it wasn't worth mentioning. It was comparing a campfire to a forest fire.

Ironically, that same comparison could be made with Y/N L/N and Miles Edgeworth. Most would agree that Edgeworth.. struggles with sharing his emotions, let alone dealing with other's. He was called dry - at best - and emotionless, heartless, at worst. He had gained the title of ruthless, deceitful demon prosecutor for a reason, after all.

But Y/N? Everyone seemed to adore them. A walking bundle of sunshine, they always seemed to be able to read people's emotions like the finest piece of literature, they were a natural. Even those who seemed to despise and envy such an advantageous ability, even those people couldn't help but let themselves be entranced by that compassionate smile, get lost in those brilliant eyes. But they weren't trapped in a web of lies, no. They were trapped because Y/N provided a comfort and gentility that you could only find in scarce few others.

People will forever wonder how such a person as Y/N L/N and a man such as Miles Edgeworth came to be. But they were fine with that. It's not like the couple owed anyone an explanation.

It was just love. They brought out the best in each other.

Even in the face of death.

*

Rummaging through boxes and boxes of knick-knacks that had piled up over the years, sitting in a dusty old attic for who-knows-how long, a particular box, sealed shut with tape piques your curiosity. As you crawl towards it, you notice the top was layered with dust. Clearly, it hadn't been touched in a while.

"I wonder what's inside here.." You mumble to yourself as you tear off the tape that was sealing Pandora's box, almost subconsciously. It wasn't until you saw the contents inside that you realized why the box had remained untouched for so long.

"My love? What are you doing up there?" Your partner's familiar voice rings out from the hallway, catching your attention before you can pry any further.

Before you're able to respond, you hear his calculated footsteps climb up the ladder, and the clicking sound of a lightbulb as he turns on the lights makes his face clearer as you turn around to meet his eye. He coughs, before waving away some of the dust.

"What have I told you about being in the dark? It seems like all my advice seems to go inside one ear and it crawls out the other." He scolds, crossing his arms.