Behind closed doors

Hi! I'm back and finally done with my finals. Glad that's over. Now I have time to write to my heart's content.

This is set in an AU where Gregory is still alive. Also both you and Miles are about 16-17 in this one.

That's all, enjoy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ringing the doorbell to the familiar house, you stand patiently in front of the door, book bag in hand. The sight of the Edgeworth's beautiful garden and that welcoming  blue door had become quite familiar to you. It was such a nice house, similar to your own. You were their next-door neighbour, after all. But there was something about this particular house that truly made it seem like a home..

In the matter of seconds, Gregory Edgeworth's face fills your vision. He didn't look old, per se, but you could definitely tell the difference between now and a few years earlier. He didn't get older. Every time you saw him, he only seemed to get wiser. And that's something you admired. Maybe even something you aspired to be in the future, when you got to be of his age.

"Ah, Y/N. It's a pleasure to see you again. Please, come in."

You nod, and he steps aside. He lets you in, closing the door behind you. 

The scent of green tea fills the air. It was such a nice scent, and one that you'd gotten used to every time you came here. There were shelves upon shelves of books lining the living room on the wall where a comfy-looking sofa was. You found out that all the books there were related to the law. Mr. Edgeworth really was dedicated to his job..

"Miles is in the kitchen preparing tea. He's been waiting for you. Almost anxiously so."

You blush. "I-I see.."

"I-I have not!" You hear him call out from the kitchen. You giggle and walk over to the room, where he was pouring tea into three cups. As he hears your footsteps near him, he turns around, a light blush still on his cheeks.

"Hi, Miles." You smile, and that blush on his cheeks gets redder. How cute.

"H-Hello, Y/N. It's nice to see you." He returns his attention to the tea. "Give me a second."

He takes the first teacup and hands it to his father, who was now laying comfortably on the couch, book in hand.

"Here, father."

"I thought that tea was just for you and Y/N?"

"..P-Please just take it." He gracefully accepts the tea, and as Miles walks by you again, trying his hardest to avoid your gaze, you swear you hear him mumble, "Why did he have to make this more awkward than it already is..?"

He hands you your own teacup and takes your bag from you, his own cup in hand. "Let's head upstairs, shall we?"

Nodding eagerly, you start walking up the stairs, and when you're halfway up the steps, Mr. Edgeworth notices you. His head perks up. "Oh? Going upstairs already? I thought you'd sit down and enjoy your tea."

"No, we'll just start studying right away." Miles responds. Mr. Edgeworth chuckles.

"I see, I see. Have fun, you two. Don't work too hard!"

"T-Thank you, Mr. Edgeworth." You smile, but you don't even get a chance to take another step forward as Miles drags you up to his bedroom, shutting the door behind him. You hear him sigh as he places your bag on his bed and sets the teacup down on the bedside table.

"Miles.. Are you okay? You seem a little.. Tense."

"..I-I'm fine. We should start studying."

"R-Right.."