Green with envy

You had been looking forward to this all week.

On Monday, your friends had invited you to go clubbing, which isn't really something you enjoyed, but if it was with them, anything was fun. And so, today, a nice Saturday night, you were getting ready in front of the mirror.

Of course, you'd already told Miles about this. You asked him if he wanted to come with you, but refused. He was always kind of a homebody, not that you really blamed him. If it weren't for your outdoorsy friends, you'd probably stay inside too. It was more n your nature to stay with him and read books together, or make tea, or watch a movie.. But you were feeling a bit energetic tonight, so there wasn't any harm in going out for once.

He was laying on the bed, book in hand, but not actually reading it. He was too busy watching you get ready from afar to actually concentrate on it. He watched you almost like he was mesmerized, his eyes twinkling with adoration whenever you aught him looking at you.

The bed creaks as he stands up, stretching before walking over to you. He stands beside you as you finish doing your hair, his eyes attentive as he watches your every movement, his hands behind his back. "How long will you be gone for?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing in concern.

"Not for too long, hopefully." You answer, doing some final touches on your look before standing up and gathering all your things. Before you head out the door, you glance towards him, and you see a small tinge of red on his cheeks. You already knew what he was going to say anyway, but decided to ask, "Do I look okay?"

He grins and shrugs confidently. "You look wonderful." His response was just as you expected, however.. Something was off. It was almost like he was begging you not to go, but without using words. The way his eyes lingered on you, how closely he followed you while you looked for your phone, how he smiled whenever he meet your gaze through the mirror when you were getting ready.. Or maybe.. He was trying to say something else?

"Miles.. Are you okay?"

Silence engulfs you for a few seconds, and you almost space out while waiting for his response. Almost. Before you know it, you're in his arms, your face so close to his chest you can hear the rhythmic beating of his heart. He whispers, his low voice sending an indescribable amount of shivers down your spine. "You look.. A little too wonderful."

 "Are you jealous, perhaps?"

"Heh.. Jealous? I feel no such thing." He lifts your face up with his hand, tracing his finger along your bottom lip and smiling at your reaction. "I just don't want anyone else laying their hands on you."

"So you're jealous?"

"Ngh.. I-I guess you can say that."

You giggle. "Trust me, you don't have to worry about that."

"Is that so?" He leans into your neck, gently kissing it and making you giggle even more. His lips feel soft and warm against your skin, his fluffy hair tickling the side of your face. As he comes up to look at you again, he holds your face in his hands, his breath hot on your face as he says, "..You're mine, right?"

"Of course." You say as you lean in to kiss him. The type of kiss that was long enough to keep him satisfied, but so short that it left him craving for more. You can tell by the way that he's holding your waist that he wishes you could stay, to shower him in all your love and attention, but plans were plans, and as much as you wished you could do just that, your friends were already blowing up your phone telling you that they're outside.

"Hmph.. For your friends to take you away from me on such a lovely evening.. Some nerve they have."

"You know I can always cancel, right? I don't mind doing that if it's for you.." You say that last part in a low whisper into his ear, the light blush on his cheeks becoming more and more prominent by the second.