Midnight Comfort

A/N: Heyy how did this book get to #1 on #milesedgeworth?? That was quick.

But hey, I'm not complaining! I didn't expect it to even get there.

But seriously, thank you so much for all the support, dear readers! It means the world to me. <3

Enjoy this fluffy/kinda sad oneshot :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was one of those nights where no matter what you did, you just weren't able to fall asleep. You tossed and turned in bed trying to find a comfortable position, you drank hot milk, you read a book..But none of it worked. Now, it was 2am, and you were wide awake and on your phone, trying to find something to occupy yourself with, since your brain simply wouldn't shut down for the night.

The relatively peaceful silence of technically the most urban part of city was very comforting, since during the day, the streets were bustling with strangers trying to get on with their day. Honestly, it's so quiet it's almost..eerie, but calming, in a way. 

However, the silence was broken as you heard someone mumbling. And not to your surprise, it was Miles, moving around in discomfort beside you. It had become part of your night routine to wake up and comfort him when you hear him wake up from a bad dream, but whenever you tried to ask what it was about, he'd brush the question off and tell you he could manage by himself.

You never understood why, though. You were just trying to help, and if that made him uncomfortable, he should just say so. If there was anything you disliked about him, it was that. He never expressed his feelings, and it is hard to keep a relationship going when someone refuses to communicate.

Your head naturally inched closer to his, as you inspected his concerned expression carefully..Actually, no, it wasn't concern. It was fear. Pure, real fear. And fear isn't something you usually associate with Miles Edgeworth. If he has a fear, he never shows it. I guess that's why people seem to think he's so inhumane. That and he glares at people a lot. You've seen it scare off some adults, so you can't even imagine how many children must have ran off crying after meeting eyes with him.

"Miles..?" you whisper, in an attempt to wake him up from this terrible nightmare. However, your plea of worry is only met with whimpers and more tussling.

Suddenly, he shoots up, eyes bloodshot and wide, and his forehead collides with yours, leaving you both in searing pain. You both rub your foreheads, trying to get rid of the uncomfortable sensation, and once you're done, Miles glances over to you, the usual neutral expression on his face.

"Y/N? What are you doing awake at this late hour?"

"I couldn't sleep... And I saw you tossing and turning like that just now and I got really worried. Was it another bad dream..?"

"It..It doesn't matter, Y/N. I can handle it myself."

Here we go again.

But you weren't going to let the same old excuse pass this time. Not tonight.

"Miles, you always say the same thing. I just want to-"

"I said it doesn't matter, alright?..Please, don't concern yourself with it. I don't want to burden you."

"Ah, so that's it.." you mumble, but it seems he doesn't hear you as you watch him get up from the bed and make his way to the door. He doesn't even have time to get to it though, as you roll over and take hold of his wrist, leaving him unable to move.

"..What are you doing?"

"I want you to talk to me. I care about you, okay? And these nightmares are really affecting you. I want to help you. Please?"