Beautiful Mistakes pt.2

A/N: Hello, my wonderful readers! To be honest, this chapter only has a couple of mentions of Edgeworth in it, but it is the second part to Beautiful Mistakes, so I figured I should publish it anyway.

Just a warning, this chapter has a small mention of abortion. It isn't a major part of the plot, but it will be mentioned in future chapters as well, so if this triggers you in any way, please be careful while reading.

Stay safe and take care! <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*a few hours later, 8:00am, your bedroom, your pov*

*Beep, beep, beep!*

Groggily reaching for your phone, you swipe away your screeching alarm, dropping your phone back on the bedside table and rubbing your eyes sleepily. At least some rest got rid of that nasty sickness. But then again, the events from a few hours ago were a grim reminder of what was happening to you. You were pregnant. A concept so foreign to you, something you were so unprepared for.

Just what am I supposed to do?

You sit up and grab your phone again, checking through your notifications. Hm..Nothing new, apart from 3 new messages on Instagram and..5 unread messages and 2 missed calls from..Nick? What could he be possibly be calling me for? It's still..Wait.. I'm late for work! No wonder he's calling and texting me so much!

You were currently a lawyer in the Wright & Co. Law Offices. If Nick was ever too busy with cases, you'd take them for him. Occasionally, when Maya wasn't around, you'd act as his assistant in investigations, too. And though he was technically your boss, you and Nick went way back. You knew him before he'd even decided to become a lawyer, back when you were both in university. You'd maybe even go as far as calling him your best friend.

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiing* *Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*

The sound of your ringtone going off made you jump and let go of your phone, and you quickly lifted the sheets to retrieve it again. Picking up the call, you hear the familiar voice of your best friend on the other side of the line.

"Y/N? Is everything okay? You're late!"

"I know, I know..I'm sorry, it's just that..some stuff has happened and I feel sick, and.."

Before you could finish your sentence, you consider your current situation. Should you tell him? I mean, what good would it bring to lie about it? He'd find out sooner or later anyway..

"Y/N? Are you still there?"

"Yeah.."

"You said you're feeling sick, right? Do you mind if I come over? I'm..kinda worried. It's very rare for you to get sick."

"..Yeah. You can come over."

"Okay, gimme 5 minutes."

And with that, he hung up.

Well, telling him was the right thing to do. If anything, he was the only one you could trust with this.

Rummaging through your closet and wardrobe, you search for a clean outfit you can change into before Nick arrives. You settle for a fluffy turquoise sweater and a pair of black leggings. It was just around the end of November, and it was starting to get really cold out. To be honest, this wasn't enough to ward away the morning chilliness, but it'd have to do.

As you roll up one of the pant's legs to put it over your foot, your doorbell rings out the arrival of your best friend, leaving you in a state of panic and rush as you finish putting them on. Once you're done, you skip over to your door and unlock it. Opening it up a crack to confirm that it was who you were expecting, a pair of dark blue eyes and black spiky hair fills your vision, and you know those features really couldn't be mistaken for anyone else.