Mischief(!Kay's older sister)

"Gotcha, Mr. Edgeworth!"

For the Faraday siblings, pulling pranks on people was a common thing. Yet for some sick reason, Miles Edgeworth thought, they always seemed to target him.

"..W-Why me..?" The prosecutor groans under his breath, wiping flour from his face. This was the result of the Faraday's latest prank. A flour-covered, frustrated prosecutor.

"Because!" The cheerful thief jumps in to answer the question, eager as always. "Your reactions are funnier. I mean, Gummy just laughs it off and says something like, 'Good one, pal!'. That's boring! Right, Y/N?"

"Right.. Though, I can't help but feel a little bad for Miles."

"..Kay, can you get out of my office for a moment? I need to talk to Y/N. In private."

"'Kay! See ya Y/N."

"Yeah, see ya.."

Once she slams the door shut and the coast is clear, your heart starts to race inside your chest. You could tell Miles was not happy. For good reason. But there was something inside you that was telling you this conversation wouldn't be very pleasant..

"..Y/N."

"Y-Yes!?"

He'd only just begun talking and he was already catching you off-guard. Not a good start.

"..I can understand Kay wanting to pull silly pranks like this. She's still a child, after all. But for you to follow along?.. It's a little immature for someone your age, don't you think?" His voice was slow, steady, like it always was, but there was a hint of danger to it this time around. Like one wrong move could set off a world of trouble.

You shuffle uncomfortably, trying your best not to break under the pressure. "I-I'm sorry.." You didn't break, but your voice certainly did. "It's just.. How we bond. I've tried telling her we should start targeting someone else but-"

"I think it needs to stop. Completely."

"B-But-"

"No, Y/N. No excuses."

"..I can't believe you.."

"..Excuse me?"

"Why do you always have to take everything so seriously!? Don't you understand this is the only way I can bond with her!? We're not hurting you! We could be doing way worse things, and a bit of flour is what sets you off!?"

"...."

"..I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"I have to do some work.. And clean up this mess you made. Close the door on your way out."

And with that, he turns towards his desk, and you've little choice but to turn towards the door yourself, closing it behind you with a heavy heart and a sigh.

*

"Y/N? What happened?"

Kay had been waiting for you outside the Prosecutor's Office, cheerfully eating some ice cream she'd bought. But when she sees you wiping your eyes, your footsteps heavy as you approach her, she can immediately tell something went wrong while you were talking to Miles.

"..Miles is angry with me."

"What!? Why!?"

"H-He wants us to stop our pranks.."

"What, our measly, harmless pranks!? Jeez, how stingy can he get?"

"A-And.. He said he understood you wanting to do them because you're still a kid, but.. He called me immature for following along.."