Guardian Angel

A/N: Just a side note, this is !chief prosecutor Edgeworth.

Enjoy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whatever it was that prevented your colleague from treating you like a human being, you didn't understand it.

All you had tried to do ever since you'd begun your job in the Prosecutor's office was to get along with everyone and do your work. Your passion for the law and the truth allowed you to get a job easily, and  what with the office currently being understaffed and all, everything worked out in your favor. You thought yourself to be so very lucky..

..Until the day you got assigned your office, right next to a certain troublesome prosecutor.

It was all well for about a week. You got all your work done, and your schedule was rather flexible, allowing you to wake up at a reasonable time, have breakfast and get home early to relax, something your previous jobs had never offered. You got along well with your boss, Miles Edgeworth, who you'd assumed was going to be cold and ruthless, but as they say, 'Never judge a book by its cover.' He'd been treating you kindly so far.

However, your affections towards your new workplace did a 180, once the prosecutor who's room was next to yours noticed you had taken one of the many vacant offices.

"Well, well, well..What do we have here?" A screechy old man's voice resonated through the empty halls, as you closed the door to your office, ready to go home after a long day.

"..I don't believe we've met. My name is Y/N L/N. I'm the new prosecutor here."

"Hmph! As if I need to bother with a rookie like you." You turned to look at him, an incredulous look on your face, and you weren't surprised to see a balding old man with strange looking glasses and a wrinkly face. That incredibly ill-fashioned suit was simultaneously the most basic and most bizarre piece of clothing you'd ever seen.

"Sorry?"

"You heard me! You're a rookie! You've no place in the High Prosecutor's office!"

You were sure you'd heard this man's voice before..

As you glared at him, something came back to you. You were at the precinct the other day, introducing yourself to detectives and picking up some evidence, when you heard people gossip about him.

The 'rookie killer'. Winston Payne.

You'd heard a lot of things about this guy, the majority bad. It seemed the rumours were true. This self-proclaimed rookie killer not only lacked hair, but also presence, it seems.

I'm not in the mood to deal with this. You groaned inwardly, and with one last nasty glare, you strutted away.

But it didn't stop there.

For weeks, he insulted you and picked fights with you, waiting for the day you finally lost your temper. You'd went on by only glaring at him and walking away, but this had been going for so long that you no longer wanted to show up to the office.

And so, you'd decided to tell the news to the one person who cared. Not only that, but if you were really going to quit, he was the one you had to tell it to.

Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth.

Knocking on his door, you pant and sigh as you wait for a response. His office was very high up the building compared to your own, and your stamina couldn't take the walk up 12 flights of stairs. Not only that, but you couldn't even use the elevator since it was broken, apparently beyond repair.

"Who is it?" You hear Prosecutor Edgeworth's low voice ask from behind the door. You quickly recollect yourself before answering.

"It's me, Prosecutor L/N."