Stuck with you

A/N: Requested by @Happy_Croissant

Hello! I am so SO sorry this is so late. When I got your request I was out of the country and when I got back I had completely forgotten about it :') I don't expect forgiveness lmao. But here's your story.

Once again, I'm sorry, I hope you like it, and thanks for the request!

Enjoy! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Make me proud." Your father whispers in your ear as he walks you down the aisle.

It was a very traditional wedding. Roses, three-tier cake, a puffy white dress, all your family members reunited in one church, and.. Your soon-to-be husband.

Your husband, who you hadn't known for less than a week.

You nod. Keeping a smile on your face was the least you could do to stop yourself from completely breaking down and running away from it all. 

Taking a deep breath, you finish walking down the aisle towards the man you were going to marry.

His name was Miles Edgeworth. A prosecutor, and a very wealthy one at that. He came from one of the country's most prestigious families, the von Karmas. You'd always found it odd that he didn't share their surname, but you never had the courage to ask. Not that you ever even had enough time to work up the courage..

He was wearing a black jacket and a cravat, a small red rose pinned to his lapel and his hair down, how he always seemed to wear it. You could basically feel his piercing stare as you stood in front of him. Those grey eyes, paired with that formal stance and that glare. It was just about enough to make anyone weak in the knees.. In the worst ways possible.

The ceremony carried on for 2 hours. 2 hours that felt like a lifetime. But once you'd both finished saying your vows - which were all scripted and entirely lies, at least on your part - came time for the kiss that would seal the business partnership that was this marriage, like shaking hands with your business partner after deciding on a deal.

The truth is.. You never wanted this. And he didn't want this either, you could tell. But you did it in order to protect both your families financial future and legacy. The von Karma family and yours were known to get along quite well, keeping their social status at the very top of the chain throughout generations together. Not to mention, every woman in your family was to be married to a man in the von Karma family, or vice versa. Though it wasn't always the case, it was the.. preferred option.

At first, you had other candidates lined up, but once your father found out that Manfred von Karma had taken in a young boy around your age, it was decided. 

And you had been raised for this very moment your entire life.

"Miles Edgeworth, do you take Y/N L/N to be your loyal and loving wife, in sickness and in health, until death does you part?"

"..I do." He can't even look you in the eye as he says that. His words were nothing but lies.

"Y/N L/N, do you take Miles Edgeworth to be your loyal and loving husband, in sickness and in health, until death does you part?"

"..I do."

"Very well. The groom may kiss the bride."

And with those damning words, your lips met with his. 

Something about the feeling of his lips on yours unsettled you. They were rough, calculating even. It's not that you disliked his way of kissing, per se, but it was hard to put into words how.. Distant it felt. Yes, perhaps that was a decent way of describing it. Distant, and lacking in warmth and any true feeling of love.