Chapter 24

this chapter is mostly flashbacks/memories

warning(s): biting, blood, flesh eating

'Kill her. Feast on her flesh and blood. Let your true self out.'

You made your way into Sprout's room, a rose clutched in your right hand and a bright smile on your face. It was the longest your father had been in a relationship so you wanted to find a way to congratulate him. When you reached his room, your head tilted slightly at the quiet sniffling that came from the other side of the door. You raised a hand to knock, noticing that the sniffling had suddenly stopped.

The door opened and Sprout picked you up, holding you to his chest as he rested a hand on the side of your head, laying your head on his shoulder. You offered him the rose, a frown taking over your face when he refused to take it. He carried you to his bed before sitting down, setting you on his lap. You played with the rose in your hands, glancing up at his milky-gold eyes.

"Dada... Were you crying?" You asked quietly, noticing the sad smile on his face after you asked.

"I was kiddo... I was." He whispered, pressing a kiss to your head.

"Why?"

"Because I hate love."

"...Why?" You whimpered out, tears pricking your eyes.

He had been so happy with Lucas -- he had even spoke of marrying him and you knew how much he hated marriage. So to hear that from Sprout, especially after how he and Lucas were acting yesterday. They seemed so happy and in love that the sudden change confused you greatly.

"I guess the easiest way to explain it would be with this quote; 

Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? 

It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.