Chapter 41

"I'm not worried, I just wanted to make sure you knew. They'll be very excited about our date."

Friday

You woke to a gentle kiss and the bed beneath you shifting. With a low groan, you managed to force one eye to open to watch Alcina make her way to a phone — one that was ringing, and now that you acknowledged it, you were irritated. Alcina answered the phone and the conversation was solely in Romanian. Whatever was being said, either wasn't for your ears or was always meant to be like that.

Deciding to not care too much about it, you let your eye slip shut, and the warmth of the bed coupled with the smell of Alcina was enough to put you to sleep again. It wasn't too long after you had let sleep welcome you again that you felt the bed dip again, followed by a soft hum and a cold finger lightly tracing your jaw. Your eyes fluttered open and you took in the natural beauty of the vampire before you. Her lips were stained red from the blood she's consumed over the years, dark hair framed her pale face and her eyes were full of adoration.

"This has been nice," Alcina muttered after a long silence, her lips pressing a tender kiss to your forehead. "I'm so sorry I denied us this all that time ago."

"I'm just happy to finally have it," You whispered and motioned her closer. "Now cuddle me."

"Do you remember what today is?" Alcina laughed as she moved closer and let you shuffle into her arms.

"Don't care right now. You're soft."

"My sleepy human."

"No, say it in Romanian."

"Fată meu somnoros."

"Better," You hummed before glancing up at her. "You do know that I don't mind if you speak it, right? It is your native tongue, after all. Plus, I know a good amount — it might take some refreshing, but I know enough to understand some of what you'd say."

Alcina remained silent for a moment before she chuckled and held you closer. "I suppose the girls were right."

"About?"

"About how your way with words would eventually melt my heart."

"...That was gay."

Alcina raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow before letting you go, earning a loud whine from you. You scrambled back into her arms and glared at her as she tried to hold in her laughter. She let you bury your face in her neck, finally letting out the laugh she held in which only made you flustered. Both from the embarrassment of why she was laughing and how gorgeous her laugh was.

"I think your reaction was gayer than us just cuddling."

"You're gay," You huffed out and gripped her nightgown when she tried to pry you off of her. "No."

"I have to get ready for our date, you know?"

"Not going to comment on me calling you gay?"

"Why would I?" Alcina laughed as you finally let her pry you off of her. "You're right."

"I just wanted you to admit that I'm right," You giggled out. "What should I wear—?"

"Donna is on her way with your outfit. Now, be a good girl and wait there until she arrives."