Chapter 26

"Thank you, Isa." You smiled as they set the bottle down. "Did he seem freaked out when she called him?"

"Yes, but in a very concerned way."

You nodded as they left the room, watching Daniela move to pour you a glass of wine. The moment she handed it to you and you took a sip, the world started spinning, causing you to press a hand to your temple. Daniela immediately took the wine glass from you and her sisters moved away slightly to give you some breathing room until your hand fell to your lap once more. Their worried gazes caused you to send them a small smile before you spoke.

"I'm alright," You promised, taking the wine glass from Daniela again. "Like lady Bela said, this is a lot to take in and I think my mind is just overwhelmed."

"Do you want us to--." Cassandra started nervously, glancing over at the door.

"Absolutely not. I... I don't want to be alone right now..."

"We'll stay then." Daniela whispered, wrapping her arms around you. "And if you want us to, we'll stay even when Basil is here."

"Thank you, my ladies."

Bela and Cassandra moved back to their spots -- Bela going back to reading as you sipped the wine. As the time passed and you finished off the wine, you began to feel warm inside and you knew right away that thanks to your human half, you were intoxicated. You refused the next glass of wine Daniela had offered and the gleam in her eyes when she took a sip of it showed you that she knew why you had declined.

A pout took over your features when she giggled and when Bela stopped reading. Cassandra lifted her head and stared at you for a moment before all three of them started laughing, causing you to bury your face in your hands and grumble. A knock at the door caused the three to fall into fits of giggles as the door opened, causing you to lift your head slightly. When your gaze landed on lady Dimitrescu, you froze for a moment.

"I forgot how beautiful you are, dove." You slurred out, a beaming smile taking over your face. "Why aren't we dating?"

"I turned you down." Lady Dimitrescu replied flatly, rolling her eyes. "Basil is here."

"Oh, right... I don't want to see that bastard right now."

"[Y/N]!" The daughters gasped, clearly shocked you'd use such language in front of their mother.

"Oh, sorry... Ich will diesen Bastard jetzt nicht sehen."