Chapter 30

"...Yes..." The 'yes' was soft and immediately let you know that wasn't the whole truth.

"...My lady..."

Her lips parted once more, but the ringing of her phone prompted her to shut her mouth and get out of her bed. Your gaze remained on her as she made her way to her vanity, prompting Cassandra to grumble and shift closer to you -- if you didn't know what they were, you'd assume she did it because of the lack of warmth from her mother. As the call continued your lady became more and more aggravated, the hand holding the phone tightening ever-so-slightly.

Your eyes darted to Daniela when she let out a whimper -- prompting Bela to shift closer to her and Cassandra to rest her hand on hers. When the youngest Dimitrescu decided to try and bury herself further into you, you began to hum a soft tune and silently pray that it would help calm her down so her mother and sisters didn't worry too much. She began to settle down halfway through the song -- much to your relief -- and even let out a soft purr.

Alcina made her way back to the bed when your humming came to an end, garnering your attention. She leaned down and pressed soft kisses to the heads of her daughters before standing straight again. Before you could ask her why she wasn't getting in bed again, the door opened to reveal Isa with snacks and a bottle of wine. Their gaze lifted when Alcina turned around -- it was an amusing sight, seeing them have to crane their head so much to look at her in the face.

"Set those down and then help me get dressed," Alcina ordered and watched as they swiftly set the snacks and wine on her vanity. "Mother Miranda says she has the vessel for Eva."

Your eyes widened slightly at that as you remembered one of your conversations with the priestess. It had been a shock to you that she didn't want to make you the vessel for her daughter considering how many villagers had gone missing for that exact reason.

"There you are, [Y/N]." The voice of Mother Miranda filled your room the moment you shut your door, earning a soft groan from you.

"Are you seriously going to kidnap me? Because honestly? I've had enough of that for one lifetime."

A low chuckle came from the shadows before the woman stepped into the light, nearly knocking the wind out of you when you saw her beauty. "Right, the whole 'You'll be mine soon, and then I'll be able to find out your powers'.... You weren't going to be mine forever, just until I figured out if you had any powers and what they were. I have my eyes on someone else to be mine forever."

"Right... So, why are you here?"

"Because I know you'd do anything to protect this family."

"That's a little ominous, but do continue." You sighed out, making your way to your closet and grabbing an oversized shirt. "I'll just change while you explain."

Miranda's eyes stayed on you until you entered the bathroom and shut the door partially. "I'm after two people - a mother and a daughter. I knew the mother back when she worked for the Umbrella Corporation, she and I were co-workers for a time and she recently had a baby. The issue is, the father is still in the picture -- although, he isn't human and I worry that if left alive, he could cause some serious damage to not just this family, but the other lords as well."