Chapter 37

"Good," Alcina hummed as her predatory haze shifted to you, glowing dangerously under the shade of her hat. "That means your eyes will only ever be on me."

"They've been on you and only you since I first laid them upon you. No one could ever compare to you. You managed to burrow your way into my heart before I even knew what had happened," You hummed out and pressed a faint kiss to her jaw. "Alcina... My world was very black and white before I met you... Now everything is colorful. Why would I ever throw that away?"

Alcina was quiet for a while after that, her eyes scanning your face for a trace of... something. "Your tongue never ceases to amaze me."

"You should see what else I can do with it other than sweet talk you."

"In your dreams," She chuckled with a roll of her eyes.

"So that is you giving me permission to dream about it, right?"

"I will drain you of your blood."

"And I'll thank you," You giggled out before settling down again, drawing circles on her exposed flesh and taking note of her shudder. "In all seriousness... Thank you for not keeping that wall of yours up. I appreciate the chance. I've never felt this way before, so your rejection... It hurt a lot more than I thought it would. I thought I'd be able to laugh it off — I was wrong. I lashed out at everyone..."

"I'm sorry."

"You already apologized for how harsh you were. There's no need to apologize for rejecting me — I know why you did it."

"I said it then and I'll say it now; I didn't mean to be that harsh. Your feelings have always been genuine, I knew that then and I know that now, and that's part of why I couldn't handle the thought of you turning against us. Of you leaving us some day."

"Alci..." You whispered before planting a soft kiss on her chest. "I swear on my life, I will never you nor the girls. You four are my life, the reasons I woke up again. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you."

"Keep talking like that and I'll kiss you again."

"Don't threaten me with a good time."

Alcina chuckled and pecked your lips before she went back to smoking, allowing you to move slightly and pick up a book from her bedside table. You immediately recognized the book. It was one that Daniela had tried to get you to read before the whole 'Ethan Winters' incident. You shifted again before settling with your back pressed against her, your fingers dancing over the cover of the book before her voice cut through the silence.

"Comfortable?" 'She's teasing me.'

"I think I'd be more comfortable between your thighs," You said nonchalantly and tried to fight the smirk when she choked for a moment. "What? Thighs make nice pillows. Get your head out of the gutter."

The burn of her eyes was felt instantly and it took everything in you to not burst into laughter. You both knew what you actually meant, but getting her frustrated with you still gave you an adrenaline rush. Alcina let out a low sigh, but you could hear the small smile in the action. Her fingers danced over your abdomen in the process, causing you to glance at them and await their next move.

When she slipped her hand under your shirt and began tracing circles on your skin, you shuddered and opened the book, desperate for a distraction. It wasn't that the action had turned you on, it was the fact that she had somehow removed her glove without you noticing — meaning her ice-cold skin was now tracing circles on your skin.

You sucked in a sharp breath when her finger traced the waistband of your shorts, your eyes tearing from the page you were reading to watch. Alcina's hand soon pressed firmly on your abdomen — almost as if she were trying to warm her hand up — before it was removed from your shirt. Your gaze moved up her arm before your eyes locked with hers, a whimper getting trapped in the back of your throat when you saw the hunger in her eyes.

"May I drink from—."

"Yes," You rushed out thoughtlessly, trying to ignore the heat creeping up your neck. "I-I mean..."

"Tell me if it hurts too much," Alcina chuckled before turning your head forward and removing the book from your hands. "You can have this back after I've had my fill."

You weakly nodded and tilted your head, letting your eyes flutter shut when she began planting kisses on your neck and shoulder. It didn't take her long to find your pulse point — immediately peppering it with kisses. Once you were relaxed, her tongue dragged over the spot before she sank her fangs in.

A surprised yelp left you and her fangs retracted, allowing her to drink her fill of your blood. You could feel her grip tighten on you once your blood filled her mouth, a soft groan escaping her — more than likely involuntarily. It wasn't long before Alcina pulled away and lapped at your wounds — placing the occasional kiss — until the bleeding stopped. Your body trembled as she placed the book in your hands again, earning a concerned look from her.

"[Y/N]?"

"I'm fine," You promised as you took a deep breath, sending her a warm smile. "A little dizzy, but fine. I'm not moving from this spot for a while anyway."

"Oh?"

"You're comfortable."

Alcina let out a hum before wrapping her arm around your waist once more. "And you're warm."

Your heart skipped a beat at the tone of her voice. It was light and ardent, making you wonder when the last time she had someone warm cuddle her or sit on her lap. Without thinking, you turned and kissed her. Alcina, however, didn't have time to get over her shock and return the kiss by the time you pulled away. You had savored every second of her shocked expression before going back to reading the book, letting a low whine leave you when she plucked it from your hands yet again.

"You're not brushing that off that easily," Alcina hummed and you glanced up at her. "I let the thigh comment slide, that kiss isn't going to. What was that for?"

"I think you know," You whispered and pressed into her to give her more of your warmth. "Cold vampire."

"...Warm human."