Chapter 43

"Do we have a deal?"

"I'd be a fool to decline such a deal, my dove."

"Then we'll make it official when we get back," Alcina hummed before turning her face to the sky. "Now that we have that settled, let's continue. It's a nice day, let's not squander the moment."

"After you, my lady."

The two of you began walking again and eventually came to a spot along the river. Your gaze shifted further down the river and you noticed it led to a waterfall, a faint smile on your face at the gorgeous view you'd have. Once you snapped out of your trance, you set up the spot for your picnic.

You took your seat next to Alcina and couldn't help but commit the image to memory. Sunlight danced on her skin and when it hit her eyes, your heart nearly stopped. Everything about her was perfect and you couldn't believe that you got the chance to show her what love was. Alcina raised an eyebrow at you and you simply sighed lovingly.

"Thank you for this opportunity."

"Hm?"

"The opportunity to love you."

"...That was gay."

"Taking a page out of my book, I see," You laughed and glanced at the river. "What made you choose this spot?"

"It has a gorgeous view, and it's far enough away from people that we won't be interrupted."

"Secluded, gorgeous, and now I'm spending time here with you... It really is the perfect spot."

Alcina chuckled and you removed everything from the picnic basket. The meal went smoothly — Alcina telling you stories about herself both with and without the triplets. Her life had been fascinating — it was obvious she missed it and had loved her time in the spotlight, but when she spoke about her life with the triplets... It was almost as if she were a different person.

Her eyes shone with pride with every story she told you of her daughters. It was no wonder they were so protective of her. She had some unorthodox ways of going about things, but she was a genuinely loving mother to the triplets. And she loved this life as much as she loved her other one.

With every word she said, you fell deeper in love. Seeing her so happy and talking about what she loved only made your heart swell. Before you knew it, the sun was set and the moon was hanging high in the sky. A yawn escaped you at the end of Alcina's story of the time Daniela took Cassandra's prey for a week. It honestly impressed you that Cassandra didn't catch on — although you and Alcina believe she only went along with it to entertain her little sister.

"I suppose we should head home?" Alcina chuckled at your yawn and cupped your face in her hand. "How was it?"

"Perfect," You murmured and began packing everything up. "I can't wait to tell Isa some of those stories about the girls."

"Speaking of Isa... When are they going to propose?"

"That's something you're going to have to take up with them."

You finished packing everything up and began your walk back to the castle — which turned into Alcina carrying you to the castle. She had insisted on carrying you, actually. It made you feel oddly giddy inside to know that she wanted to carry you around whenever you were tired. You began wondering if that was just an excuse she told you and herself until she can bring herself to admit how much she likes it.

Once you reached the castle, you expected her to set you down. She didn't. You were glad that she didn't. Alcina didn't set you down until you reached your room. She took the picnic basket from you after putting you on the bed, continuing to move about until she reached her vanity and began removing her makeup.

"Be prepared for the girls to interrogate you tomorrow."

"I'm always prepared for that," You sighed dramatically. "When do we tell them about the deal?"

"We'll do it at lunch. We'll have Isa clear the dining hall of maids and once they return, we'll tell them. The maids don't need to find out until we're ready to be fully emotionally invested in a marriage."

"Fine with me. That will give me time to tell them about the date before they bombard me with questions about the deal."

"If they ask, we'll only have a wedding if the council requires it. Otherwise, I was thinking we save that for when we're both fully ready for the emotional commitments that come with marriage."

"Glad we're on the same page. Does Donna always go out of her way when you ask her to make clothes for someone?"

"No," Alcina hummed and you noticed the warm smile on her face. "This was special. It's her way of thanking you for making me happy — for loving myself, my daughters, and my family."

"Going for the 'Favorite In-law' award?"

"Also that."

"I can guarantee that she will always be the favorite. She seems like a sweetheart. I'll do everything in my power to protect her as well."

Alcina smiled at you through her reflection and you could tell how relieved she was to hear that. Not long after that, she stood up from her vanity and made her way to the wardrobe. You watched silently as she got changed, taking in every inch of her until she was in her nightgown.

"You're absolutely beautiful," You hummed and pecked her lips when she bent down. "I got very lucky."

"You also have three daughters now," Alcina chuckled as she got in bed.

"So I'm a MILF too? Cool."

Alcina rolled her eyes and watched as you hopped out of bed, not bothering to look away when you began changing. Her eyes burning into you was more than welcomed — it made you feel wanted. Once you were changed and back in bed, you were pulled into her, allowing you to snuggle into her body.

"Are you sure about this, Alcina?"

"I don't want to risk losing you. If marrying you means you get immortality, I'm perfectly fine with it. You being immortal means we're one step closer to a happily ever after."

"Are you saying I'm your happily ever after?" You asked softly, giggling at her eye roll.

"I'm saying you could be. And that the girls want you to be."

"But what do you want?"

Alcina hummed and pressed a tender kiss to your forehead. "I want my dream to come true."