Chapter 57

"I suppose I can tell you now."

You looked at her expectantly, only to frown when the next words left her. "I only planned for this."

"Excuse me?"

"I figured you'd think of something even if I did take over the planning. Was I correct?"

'Hot, talented, and smart... Gotta stop forgetting how observant she is,' You internally sighed before nodding at her. "I... May have an idea."

"I'm listening."

"We head back to the castle," You started with a sheepish smile. "Spend the rest of the day with Isa and the girls. This was all I really wanted anyway, so I'm sure they'll be happy to spend the day with us."

"I love that idea," Alcina hummed and glanced back the way you had come from. "I could perform for everyone in the opera hall — as long as you play the piano for me."

'She remembered that I play—?' You cleared your throat before an awkward laugh left you. "A-are you sure? I-I mean Isa h-has way more practice th-than I-?"

"We can ask them," Alcina cut you off before she began carrying you back to the castle. "But next time, you'll play with me."

'Next time... I guess that means I need to start practicing.' You nodded in agreement and let your head rest in the crook of her neck, your gaze trained on the castle. The closer you got, the louder everything was. Once you were inside the castle, your eyes landed on Isa — who was currently glaring at you. When you raised an eyebrow at them, all they did was cross their arms over their chest. 'There's no way they know what Alci and I were talking about... This has to be—'

"I'm not playing," Isa stated flatly before Alcina could even open her mouth. "The shadows tell me everything. This counts as your date, so I'm not getting involved. Although, I am excited to hear your performance. The girls are setting things up in the opera hall and making sure the piece on the piano is one [Y/N] can play."

"You're mean," You grumbled once Alcina put you down, allowing you to walk over to Isa and flick their forehead. "And stop using your powers to eavesdrop! What if we were doing something else?!"

"...Like what? Don't tell me you'd be fine with having sex outdoors... Where anyone — or anything — could stumble upon you and see your wife naked?"

Your jaw clenched and unclenched at their words before you spoke. "Absolutely not. But, that's not the point!"

"What is your point?"

"...You're annoying," You grumbled as heat rushed to your cheeks.

Something flashed in their eyes before they glanced up at Alcina. "If you're fine with it, I will play tonight."

'Wait,' Alcina hummed. "I am fine with it. Is something bothering you?" 'She noticed it too, thank goodness.'

"With all due respect, my ladies, it doesn't concern anyone in this castle but me. Don't worry about my problems."

Isa turned on their heel and left with that, making you frown and glare at their back. That was something they haven't done in a long time — keep a secret from you. When Alcina started walking, you followed her, letting your mind wander back to Isa and how they acted. The last time they acted all high and mighty about an issue-.