16 - Aftermath

Ivy's POV

My heart beats wildly in my chest as my eyes meet his.

He saw the whole damn thing.

Or at least I think he did.

I don't want to have to explain what the hell just happened. Not after I just got my ass kicked in front of him.

That's what you're worried about?

I stand there, frozen just looking at him.

What the hell do I do?

I don't get to choose, as Nathaniel and Tobias both make their way over to me. I don't even bother running away, not like I could anyway. They've got their wolves, I don't. Obviously, Nathaniel gets to me first and I watch as his eyes scan over me, clearly checking me over to see if I'm okay.

Before he can speak, I do.

"I'm okay." My voice comes out barely a whisper, the embarrassment and anxiety taking over.

"Ivy. What happened?" Tobias speaks, drawing my attention to him. His eyes are soft and full of worry. I try to shift my weight and stumble, and both Tobias and Nathaniel grab ahold of each of my arms to steady me. I hear an exasperated sigh come from Nathaniel, and it's just too much.

"Just don't worry about it. I'm fine, I'll be fine once I get home."

"Let us help you." Nathaniel speaks then and I turn slightly to look at him. "No. You've helped enough. If you haven't noticed, I'm the community punching bag around here. Any time someone is pissed or isn't "pleased" with my duties or chores, I.... well, you saw what happens. I won't say anymore."

"This isn't okay, Ivy. No Alpha should be abusing his pack members." Tobias states and it takes everything in me to not roll my eyes. "I'm well aware of that Tobias. But that doesn't stop it from happening. I'm not considered part of the pack, so no one cares."

"Why." It's an abrupt question from Nathaniel as he moves to stand in front of me. "I want to know why you're treated like this."

"I'm not talking about it. It's not worth a damn thing to try and explain myself. Both of you will just see things as everyone else does and I don't think I could handle that."

Tears brim in my eyes, and I clear my throat to keep them from falling.

"Please, just help me get home. I don't want to get into this." Tobias and Nathaniel look at each other, clearly torn on whether to accommodate my request. I sigh and start to walk, wobbling as I go, and its only seconds before either of them is by my side, helping me walk home.

The short walk is done in complete silence, and soon enough we're at the door. Nathaniel knocks on it loudly and Genevieve opens the door, and her shocked expression says it all.

"Come on, just set her on the couch, I'll look her over. "

Nathaniel then picks me up bridal style, keeping me close to his chest as he carries me. I look up at him and whisper. "You don't have to do this."

He looks down at me as he places me onto the couch and leans into my ear.

"Yes, I do."

He quickly moves aside as Evie comes out with her first aid bag and sits beside me on the couch. I see Kane standing in the hallway as Evie turns my face to inspect where Cole kicked me. His blank expression worries me, as I know he's clearly raging inside. He's seen this too many times.

"What happened?" Genevieve questions and Nathaniel speaks for me.

"Her and Cole argued, then Cole attacked her. Kicked her to the ground and kept going. Got her face pretty good." I can hear the anger and strain in his voice. The look Genevieve gives me makes me shake my head. She continues to look me over, her hands pushing and poking and inspecting.

I'm not telling him. There's no telling what he would do and what that would lead to for me. There's nothing good that will come out of it.

I wince as she pushes onto my side, and I grit my teeth.

"Possible broken rib. Your face should be okay same with everything else. Just badly bruised mostly. I'll get you bandaged up, and then you're resting until you're healed. Cole can eat shit." I chuckle and then regret it as searing pain shoots up my side and I groan.

Genevieve stands and faces Nathaniel and Tobias. "Thank you for bringing her back. Could you please go outside with Kane while I bandage her?" I look at Nathaniel then, and his pained face makes me want to reach out to him, but I don't.

"Of course. Please let us know if you need any additional help."

"I will." Genevieve leaves then to get the bandages and I see Kane walk over and escort the men out the front door. I sigh and lean my head back on the couch.

- - -

Nathaniel's POV

I try to keep calm as I walk outside of the house with Kane and Tobias. Kiba is pacing in my mind, infuriated that I allowed our mate to get hurt.

"Thank you for taking care of her." Kane says and I look up to meet his gaze.

"This isn't new, is it?" I ask, and he shakes his head and sighs, his shoulders sagging in defeat. "No, it isn't. Evie is fixing her up at least every other week. She doesn't heal as fast as the rest of us, so it takes bit more TLC for her to get back on her feet."

I tilt my head in confusion as his reply and his eyes widen.

"Sorry. There's a lot of things you don't know. It's hard to keep track of who knows things and who doesn't. But I'm also ready to rip Cole's head off, so that's probably contributing to me telling you all of this."

"Why doesn't she heal?" Tobias asks and Kane's answer makes me even more angry.

"Her wolf is suppressed. She has no abilities, senses. I don't know if you noticed the bangles on her wrists?" I nod, now realizing that they are more than what I ever thought they were.

"She's bound with silver. Has been for six years. Her wolf is pretty much non-existent at this point."

"Who bound her?" I ask through gritted teeth.

He locks eyes with me.

"Who do you think?"

__________________________

 - getting into it now! More filler, but necessary!

 - See you in the next one! - vv