52 - Missing

Ivy's POV

I never thought I'd be back here again. I look upon the packlands surrounding me and although the past 6 years of my life here were absolute hell, I can't help but feel the pang of familiarity as I look around.

Red Moon.

I stand outside the packhouse near the steps and sigh. The investigation has been ongoing ever since the trial, and the entire pack was moved out temporarily while the grounds are being searched top to bottom. It's eerily quiet but almost comforting to be able to take in my previous home without the glares and abuse.

Cole and Alarik are currently sitting in the nasty dungeons back at the palace and I couldn't feel better about the outcome that occurred. They finally got what was coming to them and am I ever thankful that I don't have to suffer at their hands anymore. I can finally move on with my life with Nathaniel by my side and being a great leader alongside him to our people.

"All our stuff from the house is pretty much packed up and ready to go." Kane says as he comes up beside me, placing a small box down by his feet. He sighs and places a comforting hand on my shoulder, causing me to look at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asks gently and I nod briefly. "I'm okay. Still processing all that's happened, and I feel bad for everyone here having to vacate their homes for the time being but..." I trail off.

"But it's necessary." He finishes my though and I nod, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I shiver and rub my arms, my thin sweater not being the best choice for today apparently. "Winters on its way." I say and Kane nods.

"Yeah, the air and wind have more of a chill lately. Seems like it may come earlier than last year."

"I hate the cold." Kane laughs. "I know you do."

- - -

After I've helped get all our things settled into the moving vans alongside Kane, I reach into my pocket and call Nathaniel. He answers on the first ring.

"Hi, beautiful. How's it going over there?" His deep voice making me melt.

"It's good! Everything is packed up and we should be leaving shortly. How are things back at the palace?"

I hear him sigh. "Nothing of note has come up yet, but things are still being sorted through by a shit ton of people here. There wasn't much organization so it's taking a while to get through, but I'm sure something will be found."

"Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Love you too songbird, see you."

Click.

I hang up and walk up to Kane, who is talking with the driver. "I'm going to go do one more pass of the house, make sure we got everything."

"You want me to come with?" I shake my head. "No, you finish up here. I'll be back soon."

He nods and I make my way back to my old house, humming as I go.

- - -

Nathaniel's POV

The amount of disorganization in this pack is unbelievable. We've gone through all the finances from the last few years and made some notes of the massive expenditures for the new building that initially had made me question Cole in the first place.

Currently, I'm looking through Cole's personal files on his laptop alongside Evie on Alarik's , her having proved she's quite the tech.

I scan my eyes through page after page and I hear Evie gasp slightly and I look to her on my left. "What is it?"

"It's a...." She hesitates briefly but then continues, her voice shaking.

"It's a recipe for some sort of potion or tincture or whatever you want to call it."

"What does it do?" I ask as I stand and walk over to her looking over her shoulder slightly, scanning the screen.

"It's to suppress a wolf."

"What?" I question and she nods. "There's more. Down here." She scrolls and I read the last few lines.

A – 225 pounds

L – 140 pounds

I - 130 pounds

"Is that?" I question and Evie completes my thoughts. "It's the weights of something but..." I look at it a little more, wracking my brain before it clicks, and I growl low.

"It's the Alpha, Luna and Ivy's weights."

"That would only need to be used if they... oh my god." She looks to me and I nod.

"They used this the day of the attack to suppress their wolves when they got attacked by the rogues. There's no doubt about it."

"Which means they planned the entire thing, probably were in agreement with the rogue wolves for something too."

I growl again. "More than likely. Keep digging."

Evie nods and goes back to the computer when my phone rings. I pick it up, and hear Kane, breathing heavily.

"Kane what is it?" I question. It takes a few moments before he answers me, still out of breath as if he's been running.

"I can't find Ivy." He says breathlessly and I stiffen.

"What do you mean?"

"She decided to go take another look and make sure we didn't miss anything while I finished up at the trucks and never came back. I went to look for her and she's nowhere to be found."

Suddenly, two of the royal guards' burst into the room. Breathless.

"My King, the prisoners have escaped."

I roar loudly, knowing full well that this isn't a coincidence.

I'm going to rip some fucking heads off.

________________________________

 - eeeeeeeeeeeek. I cannot wait to write the next few parts.

 - See you in the next one!! -vv